PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a flush. How did I play it?

partygirluk
11-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Went for overcalls on the turn with the intention of raising a non threatening river. Perhaps I should raise the turn. Calling gets me two overcalls (possibly), and raising gets the two original callers to call. Plus, raising opens up the possibility I could get reraised by a smaller flush or overplayed set. However, raising is likely to limit my river takings.

All thoughts are welcome, I think this hand is very interesting.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between SB, BB and Hero.</font>

Shillx
11-23-2004, 06:26 AM
I don't like the way you played it. I think the river is the worst played street. This is an auto 3-bet. You have done nothing but call in this hand, they have no idea what kind of monster you have.

Brad

EDIT - river might not be the worst played street, but it is still an auto 3-bet.

phixxx
11-23-2004, 06:30 AM
I just busted in a MTT when the board came A 5 Td and someone outflopped my queen high flush with a king high flush. HEHE~!_~_~_!_%_%_%__^_^_^_^_^_

Kasumeat
11-23-2004, 07:10 AM
I would have raised the turn once, and called a 3-bet, hoping to get bet into on the river. Is this wrong?

Shillx
11-23-2004, 07:13 AM
Hero is not just calling a turn 3-bet. Hero is more then happy to cap with the nuts here.

Shill

Pepsquad
11-23-2004, 07:18 AM
I like the way you played it. Other than the flush which you have no fear of, hooribly uncoordinated board. With 2 left to act behind you, I like the call on every street but the river. You MUST 3-bet that river.

Ajax410
11-23-2004, 07:42 AM
I raise this turn. But the use of overcalls in this situation is certainly justified.

Alex

Losfer
11-23-2004, 07:59 AM
I feel like you're missing out on a lot of money if someone else has a smaller flush.

On the river, were you scared of the boat? Just wondering why you don't 3 bet that.

partygirluk
11-23-2004, 08:06 AM
BB suddenly came to life when the board paired. That is pretty scary for a flush.

Shillx
11-23-2004, 08:10 AM
okay, he has trip 9s then

shadow29
11-23-2004, 08:38 AM
I think you have to raise the turn. BB shouldn't scare you too much on the river, a lot of opponents call down w/ any pair hoping to trip up or pair their kicker. I raise the river.

partygirluk
11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
BB hand 33 and MHING.
SB claims to have had a flush.

Hack
11-29-2004, 11:46 AM
That sucks then, but you should still have attempted to cap the flop and turn, because you had the nuts on those streets. When the board paired I would still 3 bet because sets are not all that uncommon, and more then likely the BB just tripped up on the river.

Hack
11-29-2004, 11:46 AM
I really dislike slowplaying flopped flushes, because you will lose with it rarely, and when you win with it, you want to grab as much money as you can. BB will definitely call a capped bet with his set on the flop and turn, so when he doesn't fill up you will collect more money with him, So I definitely like playing the flush aggressively.

If this was a higher limit I might like slowplaying, but it's not.

Get as much money in the pot as you can when you have the best of it.