PDA

View Full Version : Wall St shows Bush what they think

07-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Bush and Cheney are being exposed as the corporate thieves that they are. The public has no financial confidence in the administration whatsoever.

07-15-2002, 05:29 PM

07-15-2002, 07:55 PM
and see what he does. he deserves a chance as he didnt cause corporate corruption and lots of current problems occurred before he was in office.

07-15-2002, 10:28 PM
I think Bush is an idiot and it has nothing to do with this corporate mess. Its one thing to be pro-business, but another thing to be a business hypocrite. Bush doesn't do anything illegal, just so borderline un-ethical with everything being about getting votes. The steel tariffs and farm bills have just enraged me personally. How can you be so blatantly poll driven is all I want to know. How can you say you are Mr. Free Trade in your campaign and in your first year and then do something so utterly stupid??? I am just beside myself thinking this guy is President right now. He is becoming Bill Clinton redux, follow the wind and the polls because my cabinet has no clue and each has their own path and agenda. Sorriest statement I can make is that I fear Al Gore would have been worse, precisely why I voted for Bush. Can't we ever find somebody decent for this job anymore? As long as it isn't some idiot like Buchanan I would take anyone with a backbone that didn't just play himself off to 20% of the population like this guy does. If you are rich and religious (and not from Hollywood), you love Bush. Otherwise you just wonder how he can claim to represent you in anything other than military actions. Then again I wish we could just vote all of Congress out, we sure wouldn't lose any real talent doing that...

07-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Then on other other hand, if Clinton had lowered tax rates and promoted the teachings of Jesus - and gone after the people who bombed the USS Cole - I'm having trouble remembering why I would have disliked him.

Oh yeah, it was that healthcare, regulation, spending, and Supreme-Court-Justice thing.

eLROY

07-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Neither party represents much good, but then again I guess I have changed. I never would call myself a Democrat, but the ultra-right wingers in charge of the Republicans are chasing me out of their party. When I see the two parties versions on spending, healthcare, and regulation, I really don't see much difference beyond the philosophical. There are some extra wasteful dollars in there for the Dems, but damn Republicans are getting good at wasting my money on creating this uber-secure society that we all know isn't all that secure. Then seeing how so many of them are turning protectionist, then I get really upset. While most people either don't care or get protectionist if they think they are going to lose a job, I think keeping free and open markets as much as possible is one of the government's most important roles and they are failing on that right now. Every one of their policies has a special interest wrapped in it. I know, that is politics, but its silly for Republicans to call themselves the party of business and free trade when they are really the party of campaign donations and special interests. The final straw is their ultra conservative views on cloning and stem cells. That one really pissed me off, after all there is no proof that any mass cloning of humans nor any mass abortions would be performed for either of these, but just the possibility that someday there could be, they decide to block everything they can and avoid the chances of making historical breakthroughs in research. Another Republican shame thanks to the right-wing. This was supposed to be a moderate Republican I voted for, what I got was a flat out idiot with a mismatched cabinet that gives him advice that is all over the map. All the things I voted for him on have turned out to be things he didn't really support. What a shame he has become...

07-16-2002, 05:03 PM
They'd have to lie to raise money!

Anyway, I don't much go in for this stem-cell research, specifically because we don't have proof of anything as concerns the future evolution of society or human life, and never will. As such, our best bet is to just keep applying the morals we applied in the past.

Now, should there be a global monopoly on taxes, or stem-cell prohibition, or anything? No, I am all for diversity, and if some immoral crud society somewhere wants their kids to be clones, it really isn't that much of my business, I guess.

But the idea that a major leader nation would go for it, and all would synchronize, scares me. Of course, I don't want the society I live in to lose its soul.

eLROY

07-16-2002, 09:20 PM
That is the problem, you fall for their rhetoric. No one is about to clone their children and the researchers aren't trying to do that! This is all about just saying it sounds like something could happen someday out of this research so we are shutting it down. This is research, nothing is guaranteed. What it is designed to do is cure or at least better understand diseases and their cures. Are you really against researching for cures to major afflictions just because it is associated with something that isn't quite what its made out to be? Stem-cells are showing lots of promise, its way too early to say that since there aren't results yet they aren't worth anything. The research will go on, but without the biggest donor to research in the most advanced country, its going to be half-research at best. And that is a terrible shame. The US has always been the land of open ideas and opportunities. As we go forward we are being driven into the land of closed minds and controlled society to suit the tastes of the very few. Its one thing to have morals, its another to try to impose them on an unwilling society.

07-18-2002, 07:13 PM
The truth

07-19-2002, 02:03 AM
Lets face it, its very desperate times when they expect a President to move a market. President has about as much power moving a market from one speech as I do. Nothing is going to stop the exodus right now, but I have to say its funny that people seem to think its one of these trendy causes. Simply put its FEAR. I don't think anyone bought a stock and looked at it and said, "you know what, this stock I bought and lost 30% on so far is overvalued, lets sell it". Of course not, don't be ridiculous. Its just the suckers that got in for the wrong reasons and they are getting out for the wrong reasons too. You can try to tell me that well its best to get out now and find a good entry point in the future, whatever. These are suckers we are talking about, they aren't about to find good entry points or exit points. They invested because it was part fashion part envy. Now they realized the market had them completely overmatched so they will go blow their money on something else...say a house that is up 50% in value in just 2 years. Once again, another of the ways of a person that gets in at the wrong time and will get out at the wrong time.

07-19-2002, 08:15 AM

07-19-2002, 06:32 PM
... Alan Greenspan? Heh.

07-19-2002, 08:36 PM
There is no confidence in the Bush/Harken, Cheney/Hallibruton, rest of the other Adminsitration crooks/ Enron. This is the most corupt adminsitration to take office ever. They weren't elected. They literally "took" office.

07-20-2002, 04:53 AM

07-20-2002, 12:12 PM