PDA

View Full Version : Going all in with Ax

sirio11
11-23-2004, 03:47 AM
What do you think is the maximun minimun you need, in order to decide to go all in with this hand?

4BB,5BB,8BB, never all in with this hand?

Lloyd
11-23-2004, 05:51 AM
There's no magic formula. You can push w/72o under the right circumstances. Factors that are probably more important than your cards include your image at the table, your position, how loose the table is playing, the action before you, when the blinds will increase, stack sizes (especially of the blinds), and the buy-in amount.

Generally speaking when you get down to 4 or 5X the BB you're getting pretty desperate and need to win the blinds and double up quickly. You can push with a wide range of hands including Ax, pairs, suited connectors, etc.

The best thing to do is post some hands of situations you want specific feedback on.

BigStick_25
11-24-2004, 03:29 PM
I would say if you get down to 4x BB its time to pick your hand I would pay attention to detail though for instance if its folded to you pretty good chance you'll steal here or you have a good chance of doubling up. Like for instance your holding A - 5 offsuit its raised All in and reraised in front of you you can be sure your probably beat.

Just My Two Cents! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Synth
11-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Under the right circumstances you can push with any two cards.

When I'm faced with 10BB's or less I tend to start pushing with any A unless the situation doesn't call for it.

morgan180
11-24-2004, 03:45 PM
If I'm desparate and am in front of the chip leader I'd rather push with any two cards OTHER than an ace-rag. Especially hands like A6-A3.

If the chip leader or someone with a big stack is behind you they are more likely to call your all-in for a small portion of their stack with a hand like a weak ace.

If they do that then your Ace is now dead and you're hoping to pair your rag - leaving you a three outer to a bottom pair, which I don't think is very desireable.

If you push with any other 2 and if you have the luxury of having a no/1/2 gap hand then you're looking at 6 outs + any draws you might have out there as well.

Of course this is all table dependant as said before, if you think someone's going to call you with K-rag then you'll be in good shape, but in general if I'm desparate I'm picking something else than a weak ace.

JMHO

SossMan
11-24-2004, 03:46 PM
7.85x

less if there are antes

UMTerp
11-24-2004, 03:50 PM
7.85? How'd you come up with that precise a number? It does look about right though.

betgo
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Depends more on position than chip count. From the SB, this is almost always a good play. This is not a good hand to push form in early position, because if you are called you are likely to be a 3-1 dog.

ZootMurph
11-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Pushing with any hand is mostly situational. For example, I'd open push with Ax on the button against two tight blinds. I'd open push in LP with Ax if we are near the bubble. I'd open push with Ax if I'm under 5BB and in late position.

Then again, I'd push on occasion on the button with 72o with a few limpers or a raise and some limpers in front of me...

So, it's very very situational... at least for me.

BK_
11-24-2004, 06:09 PM
a better question would be at what stack sizes should you push with Ax when its folded to you on the button. but even that would depends on what the x is.