PDA

View Full Version : AQo flop decision.

nothumb
11-23-2004, 03:17 AM
Paradise .5/1

Hero raised from CO-1 after three loose, typical limpers. Bought the button, no less. Blinds call and we see a flop of:

K86 rainbow.

SB bets out and all 3 players call. The read on the SB is that he's loose, can be aggressive on the early streets but slows down easily.

What is your play, and, if you're in, what are you doing next?

NT

fairness
11-23-2004, 03:19 AM
getting 16 to 1 closing the action... take one off and hope for an ace

nothumb
11-23-2004, 03:28 AM
I doubt anyone folds here, but does anyone consider raising, hoping to see two cards without paying any more money?

NT

blackaces13
11-23-2004, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt anyone folds here, but does anyone consider raising, hoping to see two cards without paying any more money?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading SSH I started doing this a lot at .5/1 but I notice that I get 3-bet and/or lead into anyway on the turn basically everytime anyway and you're not getting rid of anyone here.

I don't think going for free cards is very viable when you've probably got 3 outs if you're lucky and are drawing to only a pair in a multiway pot.

Peel one off, fold unimproved or to a raise even if you hit your hand.

Ajax410
11-23-2004, 05:25 AM
I actually think folding might be the right play. The K is the worst card that can come - now you only really have 3 effective outs - and the pot is big...but maybe not big enough to justify a call.

I think raising for the free card on the turn is okay - but I wonder if you're going to hit anything reasonable often enough to justify staying in the hand.

This is just about the worst flop AQo can have...and I think if there's ever a time to lay it down, now is it.

Alex

pointcount
11-23-2004, 07:17 AM
I agree with Ajax. I will usually fold AQo, in fact I will nearly always fold AQo with a K high flop and aggression. Maybe I'm just weak...

A_C_Slater
11-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Fold.

k000k
11-23-2004, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
NT

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my first thought, if you get 3bet, easy fold.. If you raise and get called, then get bet into on the turn, easy fold. If you get your A, no problem, everything is great.. But there's a problem if you get a Q instead.. 5 opponents saw that K flop.. You have 10 cards to dodge, there's a very good chance that you're beat with 2nd pair. I'd give you the Ace outs and maybe 1 for the Q's. 4 outs, there's enough in there to call one, but I dont think this a great spot to get too aggro..

bergh
11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Staying is marginal. I would probably fold.

If you choose to stay you must raise the flop and check/fold the turn unimproved, possibly check/call a queen, jack or ten (depends on the odds) and bet/raise an ace. If you are 3-bet on the flop you must call.