PDA

View Full Version : Best 2/4 in LV?

ToledoTommy
11-23-2004, 01:54 AM
This has probably been discussed previously but I am going out with some low-limit poker buddies in January. Where's the best place in town to play some 2/4 hold em? By best I mean the general overall room where we could get away with breaking even or winning some without putting up with idiots.

AllVegasPoker.com
11-23-2004, 07:00 AM
I was totally ready to answer with a
few room suggestions, and then you wrote.. [ QUOTE ]
without putting up with idiots

[/ QUOTE ].

Well, sorry to tell ya, but you're going to run into idiots at pretty much every 2/4 table in Vegas. This is a good thing though, because these idiots will keep you even (assuming you're referring to the players being idiots, and not the management, of course).

My favorite rooms for 2/4 holdem are Imperial Palace for great comps and soft competition, Harrah's for a great low limit room to watch football / basketball games on TV, and Palms for watching beautiful people.

Best of luck at the tables! Enjoy Vegas.

SCfuji
11-23-2004, 08:23 AM
imperial is sweet. people dont know how to play at all and you get comped $3/hour as well as free meal jackpots (house supported) and raffles, but the rake is 10% up to $4. the bellagio 4/8 is a tad tougher but the rake is 5% up to $3

stabn
11-23-2004, 02:15 PM
If you are willing to play a slightly different limit the 1-3 and the 2-6 at excalibur are very very soft. Pretty fun as well. The option to change the betting helps the fish telegraph their hands to you. Also, they'll typically bet small when you are drawing and you can bet bigger with a made hand to make them pay you off when they are drawing. Works out really well for you /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Sarge85
11-23-2004, 02:28 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Monte Carlo has the best low limit room. Cool dealers, good atomosphere, etc... They will play a $2/$4 Kill if you want as well.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif