PDA

View Full Version : Poker instruction: is it worth it?

Toopskees
11-23-2004, 01:44 AM
I was not sure which forum was the correct one for this topic, so I posted it here.

I seem to be spinning my wheels. I consider myself a relatively solid player with good "book knowledge" and considerable Internet and B&M experience. But I just can't seem to be able to make the leap to the next level. There are times when I seem to be "in the zone" where I have complete control of the table and can do no wrong. At other times, I seem to get punked by every LAG playing with me. My play seems to be inconsistent, and I wonder if there are holes in my game of which I am unaware.

My wife gave me poker lessons as an anniversary present (she is great, isn't she?), and I would jump at the chance if it will improve my game. I do not want to waste time and money if it will do no good. Do any of you have personal experience regarding private poker instruction, either in person or via e-mail? If your experience has been positive, can you direct me to a good source of instruction?

Thanks in advance.

NLSoldier
11-23-2004, 01:46 AM
I havent gotten instruction from him but I *heard* he plays g00t.

Tommy Angelo (http://www.tiltless.com)

Sponger15SB
11-23-2004, 03:30 AM
I think you would be better of posting this in the general forum, also there is a post somewhere in the by "o doyle rules" (i think it is) and his experience with a poker coach, you could send him a PM and ask him directly.

Also, welcome to the forum, and knowing that you need work is the first and hardest step to correcting those problems.

Ray Zee
11-23-2004, 10:20 AM
and if you want to be helped, update your bio so we know whereabouts your from.