PDA

View Full Version : QJs. Those were my hole cards in this hand.

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I feel like I'm littering the boards tonight, but it's just so slow and I'll be gawl-darned if I don't likes me some o' that fancy poker-speak.

Just dabbling at the 5/10 @ UB. I don't have reads/notes on any of these guys.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

-- I think I missed a raise here.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

-- Easy.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

-- This is another "Oh sh*t" call. Raise? Fold?

River: (5.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

-- I got a sudden burst of confidence, what can I say? Should I be folding to a 3-bet?

me454555
11-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Why make this play on the river? What do you hope to accomplish? What is the range of hands you put your opponent on?

His turn and river play are consistent with a flush. You can pop him on the turn and hope you don't get 3 bet or just call down on the river. Those are probobly the 2 best lines here. Folding is out of the questions b/c many players will bluff w/this board.

P.S. I might raise this pf depending on the table texture

TripleH68
11-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Only hands you are resonably behind are A3s, 77 or flush.

I guess you should consider folding to a 3-bet on the river. Wouldn't any normal player just call without the flush or trips?

Side note: When you make these raise/folds does the table react at all? Do any players "catch on" and try to get fancy or run at you?

joker122
11-22-2004, 11:57 PM
why did you raise the river? that card didn't change anything.

MoreWineII
11-23-2004, 12:00 AM
I just passed AQ, KQ, Q7. He might even call me with something missed draw + pair-ish. I didn't think he had a flush, his betting pattern didn't suggest it at all.

Then again, his limping with AQ, KQ preflop wouldn't make sense either.

sthief09
11-23-2004, 12:01 AM
raise preflop. I'd also raise the turn for a free showdown, folding to a 3-bet. it looks like a semi-bluff. it's somewhat possible you push him off a small-medium /images/graemlins/spade.gif too

spamuell
11-23-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also raise the turn for a free showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me the river is a clear value bet. Players do this with a pair and a spade the whole time. How many opponents are going to call the turn raise and then check-raise the river? And if they just call, you're ahead a significant majority of the time.

sthief09
11-23-2004, 12:23 AM
for some reason, I don't like it as much if you value bet afterwards. it's weird...

me454555
11-23-2004, 01:08 AM
I think you can rule out AQ b/c he didn't raise pf. Q7 is a possibility too but unlikely b/c he limped in mp. Given the ragedy lay out of I'd say 2 pair is unlikely also. I think the only hand your ahead of is KQ but why does he play this so passively on the flop and then lead the turn? It would seem that a player who would play TP good kicker this passively on the flop would check the turn as well.

I think a more reasonable hand would be something like Axs or Kxs. He might ahve been trying for a c/r on the flop but decided against it after it got heads.

I'd go w/the call this one down line and let him continue to bluff. I see no reason to raise the river b/c if he's bluffing w/less than a flush, he probobly won't pay you off. Theres also a very good chance he would 3 bet you on the river and you've lost 2 bet instead of 1.