PDA

View Full Version : He open-limped with this. Wow. (Whiny content)

Grisgra
11-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Going through hand histories, thought I'd just share some pain. Everyone else, feel free to post your grim beats. I'm sure you can outdo this!

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: "Hero" is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">"Hero" bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">"Hero" 3-bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">"Hero" bets</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="CC3333">"Hero" bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between MP and "Hero".</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP has 5s 8d (straight, eight high).
"Hero" has Js Kd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: MP wins 12.50 BB. </font>

exist
11-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white:

<font color="white"> Button shows 65 of diamonds for the backdoor flush. </font>

Yobz
11-23-2004, 03:17 AM
I've been in games where it gets capped preflop, flop, and turn and I get called down by the nut low (missed straight and flush). It not funny because he missed, its funny because he called with the nut low /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MEbenhoe
11-23-2004, 04:25 AM
stuff like this and your onslaught of hand posts is why bison took down the hand converter for a week. Apparently that failed to get the idea across.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 10:32 AM
I don't even remember that . . . bison didn't like people, um, posting hands, or . . . ?

MAxx
11-23-2004, 10:39 AM
seriously, i understand not liking this result. but you also know that it should be refreshing to know that you are playing against people this bad for money.

we all get these hands, but choose not to post about them b/c they are eyesores.

you did warn me (whiney content) but i read anyway. i just wanted to point out that the forum is better off w/o this type of post.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 10:51 AM
It might take years of therapy, but you'll find a way to deal with it. Shees, you saw the header . . .

MAxx
11-23-2004, 10:54 AM
its really not a biggy

MEbenhoe
11-23-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even remember that . . . bison didn't like people, um, posting hands, or . . . ?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1249602&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;vc=1

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Heh, well, he's not going to be happy with me, then, is he? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Oops.

People tell me I need to post more hands so they can critique my play, so I post more hands . . . what can I say?

MEbenhoe
11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh, well, he's not going to be happy with me, then, is he? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Oops.

People tell me I need to post more hands so they can critique my play, so I post more hands . . . what can I say?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that posting hands is great. However, I go along with Bison on this one that too many people just pump out hand posts without any real thought behind them before they post. Hand posts are great as long as they're not the same junk thats been printed a billion times before, and they have some thought put into them such as including what type of players you're up against, and its not part of a massive onslaught of hand postings because when you post say 5-10 hands at a time, what quality of answers can you expect to get to every single hand. Ahh well do what you like,just thought I'd point that out.

Danenania
11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I agree with you on all this. It's one thing when something truly rare or strange happens, but hands like this are quite frequent. Also, whining about beats like this really just goes against the whole spirit of the forum, disclaimer or no. The point is to make the right plays, not win the hand. Everyone claims to know this and yet the bad beat posts keep rolling in.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 02:49 PM
It's cathartic, you dope. The header is there so people like you can avoid these threads -- do you not see the irony in stopping by here to whine about bad beat posts?

Danenania
11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
I don't recall whining. These threads push other legitimate threads off the front page and perpetuate an approach to the game that is unhealthy for up and coming players. Pretending like posting a dumb thread has no effect is ignorant. Have a little respect for the forum.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall whining. These threads push other legitimate threads off the front page and perpetuate an approach to the game that is unhealthy for up and coming players. Pretending like posting a dumb thread has no effect is ignorant. Have a little respect for the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're whining about the "dumb threads" like this. One thread in ten or fifteen being a "bad beat" thread in one sense or another isn't going to kill you, nor is it going to perpetuate anything unhealthy. Lord, stop taking yourself so seriously! If anything, posts like this help assure newcomers that they aren't special, grim beats happen to everyone, and with high frequency.

And to say that it shows a "lack of respect" for the forum would be laughable if it wasn't so insulting. There's no reason that absolutely 100% of the posts in this forum have to be 100% red meat.