PDA

View Full Version : Where do I drop my ATs?

La Brujita
11-22-2004, 10:40 PM
One of those hands I never quite know where to let go at the Party 15/30.

I hold A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG+2

Two limpers to me and I raise. UTG+3 three bets, he is a bit loose but reasonable (VPIP 35, PFR 8) BB (one of the loosest players I have seen in the 15/30 VPIP >85) calls as does one of the limpers (also a bit laggy but no huge read). I call to close the action.

Flop (~14 SB) 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to three better who bets, all call (including me with overcards and backdoor flush draw to close the action). BB will call any bets or raises with any faint hope so I am not really sure if there is any big reason for me to raise. If BB and EP are weak tight should I consider opening to force them to call two cold?

Turn (~9BB) 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to raiser with three calls again.

River (~13 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, UTG folds out of turn, I check, raiser bets, loose BB calls, I fold.

Comments? Should I have let this go on the turn? I thought there was some chance I had at least three good overcard outs and I thought two pair on the river A kicker might split the pot.

Results to follow.

Best Regards

NLSoldier
11-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I think you should let go on the turn. With a bet and two other callers I think it is doubful that you have a chance of chopping with A high if the board pairs again on the river. Also, which 3 outs do you think you have? I'm assuming you are talking about the tens, but theres not much reason to think UTG+3 does not have an overpair. Would you be comfortable betting into him or CRing the river if a ten hit? If not then I think you should fold the turn. Also, what is your plan if an Ace hits? I think there is some old saying about not drawing to hands that you wont raise with even if you hit...and I would say it applies in this situation.

Just my two cents.

La Brujita
11-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I looked at my three outs this way:

his likely reraising hands were AK-AQ, AA-JJ. Against AA I was dead, against all other raising hands I had three outs (either the tens or the aces).

I wouldn't have felt overly confident raising him if one of my outs hit, as to your point-I think it is a good one which I use often in the nl tourney context (Howard Lederer explained it well talking about Daniel Negrauneu's call once with something like 2-4 suited on one of the Fox shows (don't know if anyone remembers)), but here I was uncertain due to pot size.

roy_miami
11-23-2004, 01:09 AM
14-1 to hit your 3 outer, you don't have pot odds to call the turn, easy fold here.

NLSoldier
11-23-2004, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

14-1 to hit your 3 outer, you don't have pot odds to call the turn, easy fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh the simplicity that I totally overlooked /images/graemlins/smile.gif

La Brujita
11-23-2004, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the responses. You are right it is an easy turn fold. Nice to get some other eyes on my hands once in a while.

3 Betttor showed A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and BB took it down with two pair 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif never having raised.

What had confused me is BB added dead money to the pot because he basically would call to the river with anything or nothing.

Regards