PDA

View Full Version : Totally lost with JJ

edge
11-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Villian seems pretty decent, 25/11 preflop, but this is just from data mining (I've only actually watched about four hands as he just joined the table).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Nick C
11-22-2004, 10:16 PM
I'd be tempted to just check-fold the flop. But I don't think this is a good plan if AQo is within Button's 3-betting range, since, if it is within his 3-betting range, it's not such an unlikely holding, given the cards we know. Plus, if he'll 3-bet medium pairs in addition to AQ, check-folding is even worse.

Yuck. I don't know. I might just check-call the whole way.

Or I might play it the way you did.

sthief09
11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
what was your thought process behind the flop bet?

edge
11-22-2004, 11:13 PM
If I get raised on the flop, I know I'm beat, and I can toss my Jacks, saving 2 BB that I'd use calling him down. It didn't really work though, since he smoothcalled it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm still not sure what I should do with this flop, since check/folding seems too weak and check/calling doesn't give me any information.

willperkins
11-22-2004, 11:27 PM
I figure button must have AA, KK, QQ, or AK to three bet preflop. Once the K came on the flop, I woould have checked/folded.
If he has one of the hands listed above you are down to 2 outs and a back door str8 draw.

eagletmr
11-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Remember this is party 2-4, I play it often and three betting with 55 happens often. You have to have a read on the player, with no read I'd probably fold, it depends on who it is.

sthief09
11-22-2004, 11:48 PM
check-folding is more prudent than weak. you don't beat any typical 3-betting hands.

StellarWind
11-23-2004, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I get raised on the flop, I know I'm beat, and I can toss my Jacks, saving 2 BB that I'd use calling him down. It didn't really work though, since he smoothcalled it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the best plan is, but I think this is the worst one.

You are behind AA-QQ, TT, 88, AK, KQ, and KJ.

The primary hands you beat are AQ and AJ. Those hands have an overcard and a nut gutshot. They will never fold the flop. What they will often do is raise either for a free card or because they read 2+2 too much. Don't bet-fold the flop.

Unless Villain is *very* aggressive, I have trouble seeing how you can make money with this hand. Even the primary hand you beat has ten outs. It's just going to cost too much to get a showdown.

I think I would checkfold and keep checkfolding unless I improved.