PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 going for the overcalls

Slimm
11-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I play shorthanded 95% of the time, just getting into the 15/30 ring. I generally have to restrain my natural aggression, but did I overdo it here? Do you bet out on the turn? First orbit, no reads.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO has Td Ad (two pair, tens and sevens).
Hero has 8c 6c (straight, eight high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>

Grease
11-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I don't usually post on mid/high, but how can a hand have 8 players if it's at a 6 max? Just wondering...

ActionBob
11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed)

?? very strange. I guess a typo or problem with hand converter.

As for the hand, you definitely want to lead out on the turn. There's really no reason to check here. First you run the risk of it getting checked thru. Also the guys with pairs and draws who would likely call the CO bet on the turn will just as likely call your bet. Add to this the cutoff may very well raise and you can trap the flush draws and such in the middle making it three bets.

-ActionBob

Chris Daddy Cool
11-22-2004, 08:47 PM
you should definitely bet this turn cuz you're basically relying on the very last person to bet your hand for you, and there's no guarantee that he will especially if decides he doesn't like his hand that much anymore, i.e. overcards. having the turn checked through would be disasterous.

Slimm
11-22-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm used to very aggressive games. On this hand I was looking for the C/R - since I couldn't even imagine the board checked through, or someone in MP not betting out. Guess I need to velocitize, thanks.