PDA

View Full Version : A Spectacular Catch Not Shown on SportsCenter

Dynasty
11-22-2004, 07:48 PM
This one won't make it onto SportsCenter. But it was a helluva catch earlier today in my kitchen.

I opened my freezer door half-way and put a glass down inside. With my left hand, I grabbed a bunch of ice cubes from a tray. As I was pulling them out, one of them inevitably got away.

The rest of the story all happened in a fraction of a second.

The ice cube squirted away very quickly and got past my right hand, which was near the glass, before I could react.

Then, I went for it. I followed the track of the ice cube and projected it's course before my line-of-sight would be obscured by the half-open freezer door. As the cube disapeared from my vision, I extended my right arm to catch up with it.

But, it wasn't enough. So, I put in the extra effort by leaning so far to the right that I was standing on just my right foot and my head was about to bang into the freezer door.

The extra efford did the job. Without even being able to see the ice cube, I snatched it about a foot and a half from the floor while leaning hard to the right on just one foot. It was a spectactular display of balance and timing.

But, there was no victory dance or obnoxious celebrating. I simply stood straight up and put the ice cube in the glass. An ice cold Pepsi is all the reward I need.

NLSoldier
11-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I am having a little trouble following your description...are you sure there is no video?