PDA

View Full Version : nl hand

11-29-2001, 02:04 PM
NL tournament. blinds 5-15. Early stage. I have 600. Pick up TdTh in early position. I limp and we end up with 7 players seeing the flop.

Flop: Kd Ts Jd

I bet 100. All fold to big stack (@2000) who calls. He seems to be a solid player.

Turn: 6d

What is the play here? Should I be afraid of the flush?

11-29-2001, 08:22 PM
njtony,

With seven players seeing the flop, I would be very afraid of a flush. It's probably there. I would check the turn and call a bet to make a full house if the bettor gives me the right price to do it, since you have 10 outs.

Good Luck

Mark

11-29-2001, 10:28 PM
You definately played this hand in an unconventional way. No raise preflop (why not? you invited numerous calers), A bet, but smallish on the flop (considerring there may already be a str8 out there). I wouyld be very leary of a flush here. At the very least there's a flush draw and a str8 draw. I don't think you can allow the draws to play. So you must either accept the fact that you misplayed this hand early, concede the flush and fold, or make a big move and hope that either the flush is drawing and folds or is there and you fill.

I can't see checking and calling because if you don't fill you must muck. You had oppotunuties to win this hand. Try now, and hope you can slavage it at this point.

Keep playing hard! Harder!

11-30-2001, 01:09 AM
I think the bet on the flop was the right size for these limits and the pot size. Should he overbet the pot in these situations?

11-30-2001, 01:28 AM
I'd be more afraid of the slow played made straight.

Jeff

11-30-2001, 07:28 PM
$100 bet is inviting draws with inplied odds to hang around. The flop was clearly not ideal for a set ot 10's. I would have put a bigger bet in to make it in-correct for an ace rag to hang around. The bet would have been correct for a more neutral flop.

Keep playing hard!

12-01-2001, 01:30 PM
Since you bet only $100 on the flop, you gave ppl. pot odds of more than 2:1 and implied odds of 7:1 if they figure to be able to put you all in if they hit. Your play on the flop only makes sense if you are willing to concede the pot when a flush or broadway-card falls.

Since you are unable to know what you are up against when played with (made str8, twopair, pair+flushdraw, str8+flushdraw), with $600 I would tend to go all-in on the flop as a higher protective bet (as e.g. $200) would still leave me guessing with 2:1 pot odds when raised.

cu

Ignatius

12-03-2001, 10:03 AM