PDA

View Full Version : 4-8 at Deadwood against a Live Straddling Dealer Playing

AviD
11-22-2004, 05:57 PM
OK, second hand from Deadwood...although no one replied to my previous post! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dealer whom I mentioned in my other post straddles live. At this point I have a solid read on him (this is several orbits after he's sat and I've seen a few hands of his shown down, as well as the one I previously posted here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1292196&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1).)

Ultimately he's pretty much a super LAG that likes to steam roll tourists and will overplay alot of hands.

To the hand...

Dealer straddles on the Button, everyone folds to the dealer and I'm in the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I 3-bet, BB folds out, dealer calls and we go HU.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks, I bet, he ponders and calls.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he checkraises...my action?

BWebb
11-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Doesn't make since. Your SB but he checks to you?

jmark
11-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Is this one of those times you call the raise and induce a bluff/call the river?

If he's ahead you lose less and if you're ahead you win more.

The other possibility is he has two spades in which case you should raise.

Edit: oh yeah I'm confused about the positions I assumed you were button and he was UTG...

sfer
11-22-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm assuming the turn was just raised. Regardless, your read is he's a LAG and you have showdown value so you get to showdown cheap without improvement. If you improve, I am checkraising the river.

AviD
11-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Hrm can't edit...as spotted I made a mistake in the betting order...

Dealer straddles on the Button, everyone folds to the dealer and I'm in the SB with A 7 and I 3-bet, BB folds out, dealer calls and we go HU.

Flop is 3 8 9

I bet, he ponders and calls.

Turn is 7

I bet, he raises...my action?

AviD
11-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Considering I really F-ed this one up...I'll post the results.

I called the turn and check/called the river to see his beautiful 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

He had the gutshot on the flop, and he got there on the turn and I paid off like a slot machine.

Nice time to hit the turn for him! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nevertheless he vamped up his lag play after that "confidence booster" and continued spewing chips, but hitting enough to keep him confident. Wish I could have stayed longer to dent him up more... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BottlesOf
11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Think you're good about 20% of the time? (Sometimes he'll bet the river if you have him beat, sometimes he'll check beind...)

Factor in that you can improve to what will probably be the best hand and I say yes and call down, given your description.

BottlesOf
11-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Oops. Was this a LAG who would not get out of line on the expensive streets? In that case, I'd say you can fold to the turn raise.