PDA

View Full Version : JJ, underpair on river. Value bet, or check-behind.

Fat Nicky
11-22-2004, 05:50 PM
I have been trying to improve my play at the river. Specifically these situations when I have the option of taking a free showdown with a hand that could easily be 2nd best.

BB- based on a limited # of hands, LAG pre-flop, Passive postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero ?????</font>

Comments?

BWebb
11-22-2004, 05:56 PM
I think I check in this spot. He could easily have a busted draw that he wouldn't call with, a draw that made it, a draw that missed but caught an overcard that he will call with or he could have had you the whole way. I think there are very few worse hands that will call in this situation.

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm with BWebb on this one. I can't think of many hands your opponent will call you with now that you beat. If the river were a blank instead, then it'd be an easy value bet.