PDA

View Full Version : Advice from a pro (someone who knows what they are talking about)

xTopdogx
11-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I find myself playing alot of freerolls (i know lots of newbs) but i overcome that. I always make the top few hundred or even in the top 50. Basically i make it 2-3 hours into it and then find myself not being able to make it over the ridge to the next level. Its kinda like I get to 15k in chips and then go up and down I assume because the blinds are bigger and I dont play many hands. Then ill get low and move in with AK or AQ or KK and get 4 callers and lose.

What moves should i be making later in the tournament or what should I do to improve my play so that i can move to the next level?

SossMan
11-22-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(i know lots of newbs) but i overcome that.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, boy not the "I like playing against good players" argument again...

Benal
11-22-2004, 05:46 PM
LOL - It never ends

UOPokerPlayer
11-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Ya, I hate it when i get four calls pushing with kk.

Bobby Cannoli
11-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Soss,

I understand the argument about wanting poorer competition. I also understand (in general) that variance can go up as the game gets looser (lose more often, but win more when you do win). So wouldn't this argument (that lots of loose players in an MTT makes it harder to win) hold more water? Too much variance is a bad thing in a tourney, since you can't just rebuy. It seems if I have a lot of poor competition, they'll be willing to play more hands against me (generally a good thing), but they will suck out occasionally, losing me a hand that, against better competition, perhaps would have been folded to me.

Just a thought,

Bobby

SossMan
11-22-2004, 05:56 PM
you are arguing that chipEV doesn't equal $$EV.

as Paul Phillips has said, there are still parts of tournament theory that are in debate. That isn't one of them.
search on here for chipEV vs. $$EV (or cashEV) and you will find that it has been discussed ad nauseam.

JasonK
11-22-2004, 06:01 PM
The more times you push in pre-flop the more likely you are to bust out. Especially if you're pushing with AQ.

zaxx19
11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
HEY MAN, i want 4 callers with KK..that way i know there probably isnt a AA around and like always ill be dodging an ace ...butt his time there is probably only 1 or 2 in the deck KK is great to go in versus multiple opponents for this reason.

SossMan
11-22-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The more times you push in pre-flop the more likely you are to bust out. Especially if you're pushing with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

your point?

xTopdogx
11-22-2004, 10:03 PM
lol i posted for advice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(nobody be a smart a$$ either) Keep it real

Ryner
11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
It's kind of hard to give advice for freerolls...