PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm better than I am

BWebb
11-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Is this okay or just stupid?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

River: (2.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero raises...

bobdibble
11-22-2004, 05:24 PM
There is a time to raise the river when you don't want overcallers. A high with 8 kicker in a 2.5BB pot and 4 more to act is not it.

zram21
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Fold this preflop.

Redeye
11-22-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold this preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this pf call is fine, hero is getting 9:1 in an unraised pot. The only hands your really worried about are probably ATo or maybe AJo, the overlay your getting should easily compensate for this I would think.

BWebb
11-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Anyway, I didn't really checkraise the river, I folded. I really wanted to, but didn't. I was just wondering if anyone thought that was a play worth making. As for pf, I think I can get away from the hand if I'm behind (for explaination, see title of thread /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Grease
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
The pot is miniscule. Let it go. It won't work nearly enough for this move to be profitable.

sfer
11-22-2004, 06:25 PM
I don't fold Ax from the SB in a 1/2 blind structure.

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Preflop is fine, imo. I wouldn't have any great expectations to win the hand, but I believe your odds are right to complete.

nolanfan34
11-22-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really wanted to, but didn't. I was just wondering if anyone thought that was a play worth making.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get tempted by thoughts like this, but the bottom line is no one will believe that you really have a hand, and I think it's about 100% that the bettor is going to call you, just for the sake of seeing what you're making that move with. So, I think you'd need to think that A-high is good in this case to make that move.

If you were going to take a shot at it, just bet right out on the river, although that isn't likely to work either.

zram21
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't fold Ax from the SB in a 1/2 blind structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize it is only a half bet, but your playing a realitivley weak hand out of position against 4 opponents. Doesn't seem like it is much +EV if it is.

sfer
11-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Getting 9 to 1 you don't need to make much to make it worthwhile. And a AT2 flop usually gives you a pretty decent hand.

zram21
11-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Fair enough.

bernie
11-22-2004, 06:59 PM
preflop: ok

Flop: fine

turn: here's where you make a move. Bet out. You represent a missed c/r in doing this. You just picked up 3-4 more outs.

River: if called on the turn, bet again if you think there's a reasonable chance it will win. You may also have the best hand. But you're still representing a J that missed the c/r on the flop.

The way you played the hand looks odd. A raise out of nowhere. What other hand would you play this way? Not a set, not a str8, not a J, not an overpair. This can induce calls from hands that may fold if played differently.

b

bernie
11-22-2004, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were going to take a shot at it, just bet right out on the river,

[/ QUOTE ]

The move is betting out on the turn.

btw...your avatar slows down my comp. My comp sucks.

b