PDA

View Full Version : Questions about agresssion factor

JasonP530
11-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I want to use other peoples' agression factor to be able to read them better after the flop. I could not find any posts on what ratings are for different types of players after the flop(loose agressive, passive, tight agressive etc.) Also, my agression factor is about 1.5 with very tight preflop play VPIP ~17 PFR 9, and I was wondering if that was good, or if I need to become more agressive postflop.

Thanks for your help.

Note: I posted it here because this is where the middle limit players often post and I was soliciting their opinion specifically(because thats where I play). If people think I will have a good response on other topics, just say the word....

Senor Choppy
11-22-2004, 04:30 PM
My numbers are very similar to yours. I feel like I play much more passively postflop than is normally recommended, so unless you slow-play a lot and try to induce a lot of bluffs, you should probably up your aggression.

La Brujita
11-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Just a quick question: when people talk about agression factors do they include preflop as well or is it postflop only?

Senor Choppy
11-22-2004, 05:13 PM
I believe it's a measure of aggression postflop. I'm not exactly sure, as I don't use the overall number in my notes, since I export the AF for the flop, turn, and river individually.

JasonP530
11-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Choppy--

I respect your play and I also play more passively than is recommended. I do try to induce bluffs, and dont mind calling in spots where they are way ahead with few outs, or I am. Where would you suggest upping the agression. To me that means more betting and raising with second pair and more turn raising with top pair. I value bet very agressively anyways. Am I correct or incorrect?

James282
11-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Top pair is a raising hand on a lot of boards against a large variety of players.
-James