PDA

View Full Version : SSH strategies for 6 max shorthanded tables

hypermegachi
11-22-2004, 04:15 PM
hi all. i'm just wondering how you would adjust the strategies in SSH to 6 max. it seems that the entire book is focused on full ring games. the only thing i can find in the book about shorthanded is in the preflop guidelines, where it mentions (i think as a footnote) that if it's shorthanded to assume the first few people folded.

since on average less people will be seeing the flop, does that mean all lower suited connectors get folded preflop? they play best against many opponents right? so if there's only 2 opponents chances are not as good for you to hit a good hand and get paid off.

also, people say aggression is important shorthanded, and i completely agree. but some also say you have to play looser...now i'm not so sure about this. right now my VPIP is around 25%, and i'm thinking i'm playing too loose already.

basically, is there anything in SSH you would adjust for 6 max, or would you just play the same and use the loose/tight preflop charts?

Entity
11-22-2004, 04:20 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=headsup

Freakin
11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
But Rob, thats not answering his question, that link is just a forum full of information and strategy and analysis about heads up and shorthanded play. You completely failed to include a snide comment about the search button. You also missed a value insult on the river. So thats how you got 3k posts in 4 months. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin

hypermegachi
11-22-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Rob, thats not answering his question, that link is just a forum full of information and strategy and analysis about heads up and shorthanded play. You completely failed to include a snide comment about the search button. You also missed a value insult on the river. So thats how you got 3k posts in 4 months. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, i did use the search feature, and i didn't find anything. i'm not looking for how to play shorthanded in general. i'm looking for how the strategies in specifically SSH change accordingly to table size. posting a link to the shorthanded forum, and you insulting me do not answer my original question.

Entity
11-22-2004, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, i did use the search feature, and i didn't find anything. i'm not looking for how to play shorthanded in general. i'm looking for how the strategies in specifically SSH change accordingly to table size. posting a link to the shorthanded forum, and you insulting me do not answer my original question.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your original question does not belong here; it belongs there. Being snide in response to either of us -- when I was trying to help, especially -- won't change that.

Try any of the other forums this question might belong in: HUSH, or Books/Software, or Texas Hold'em General, or Poker Theory. The question doesn't belong at all in the microlimits section of full-ring games though.

Rob

radek2166
11-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Rob my friend. Give credit where credit is due.

That was funny a value insult on the river.

hypermegachi
11-22-2004, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Your original question does not belong here; it belongs there. Being snide in response to either of us -- when I was trying to help, especially -- won't change that.

Try any of the other forums this question might belong in: HUSH, or Books/Software, or Texas Hold'em General, or Poker Theory. The question doesn't belong at all in the microlimits section of full-ring games though.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for posting in the wrong section...can one of the admins move it to the shorthanded section please? and thanks for the link, i did go through the 33 pages, and found some good info. but nothing related to how SSH strats change.

Freakin
11-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Posts generally die so quickly that the mod doesn't need to move it, so don't worry about that. To close this topic, search for slantNgo post called something like "an attempt at a starting hand chart" in the HUSH forum. It does a pretty good job of presenting preflop shorthanded play. Basically you'll be loosening your game up a bit, acting as if the first 4 players have folded. Oftentimes, if you're the first in the pot, you should come in for a raise with a hand you would call anyways unless you're UTG. Preflop and postflop aggression is what the 6-max games are all about it. Failing to make that adjustment will keep you from being successful. I've heard average stats should be around VP$IP~25-30, and PFR a fair amount over 10%, though probably lower than 17 or 20. I hope this was helpful, that starting hand chart will give you an idea of the kinds of hands you should be playing. What you should really look for is the posts that offer 20-30 starting hand situations and have responses from the SH experts.

Freakin