PDA

View Full Version : Too Tight?

jon_1van
11-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Here are 2 short hands that I folded quickly heads up. I don't think there is a huge error here. But I was wondering what other thought. The main reason I folded both of these hands is that I didn't think there was much of a chance that someone was betting to push me out of a pot. I assumed the bets were either made by legit hands or players that legitimatly thought there bad hand was good.

Party Poker 3/6 (0.5 ante) Seven Card Stud High (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

3rd Street: (1 SB) Hero is Seat 3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif<font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 2: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
Seat 5: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Action: Seat 2 brings it in for $1, Hero calls, Seat 4 folds, Seat 5 folds, Seat 6 completes, Seat 1 folds, Seat 2 folds, Hero calls.

4th Street: (3.33 SB) Hero catches 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="CC3333">Action: Seat 6 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Action:
Action:
Final Pot: 2.16 BB

Party Poker 3/6 (0.5 ante) Seven Card Stud High (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

3rd Street: (1.16 SB) Hero is Seat 3 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif<font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Action: Hero brings it in for $1, Seat 4 folds, Seat 5 folds, Seat 6 folds, Seat 7 folds, Seat 1 folds, Seat 2 calls.

4th Street: (1.83 SB) Hero catches A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="CC3333">Action: Seat 2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Action:
Action:
Final Pot: 1.41 BB

PoorLawyer
11-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Seems ok to me. I wouldnt want to be chasing these draws heads up. In the first one, the other guy's ace is the killer...If he had a King I might call one bet to see if i can pair my ace or get another heart

SA125
11-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Hand 1, that's the problem with calling full bets h/u with 3 fl's on 3rd when you don't have the overcard. Your odds drop considerably when you miss a heart on 4th and chasing is fishy.

Hand 2 is different and player dependent. That's a brutally weak call of the bring-in as the last player to act with an A up h/u. If he's slowplaying looking for action it's a mistake. Anyway, if you know him and he's a rock or tricky, I'd release. If he's an unknown, I wouldn't give him tricky points just yet. Maybe that's a fault of mine, but I'd be more apt to call or even play back a little here on a cheap street h/u to find out about him. He may just be awful. A scare card can either win it for you on 5th, give you reason to fold or maybe catch a freebie from him.

Andy B
11-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Pretty routine folds in both cases. I look for reasons to take one off with a three-card flush, but it's harder to find them when it's heads-up.

patrick dicaprio
11-22-2004, 07:02 PM
hand 1: fine

hand 2: fine but more marginal. if the pot were slightly bigger i would say call since if he is auto betting you might be able to catch some scare cards or even a diamond flush and if you can get a free card by raising or can play him off his hand then great.

Pat

Michael Emery
11-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Hand #1.) Standard

Hand #2.) Standard

Mike Emery