PDA

View Full Version : KJo posting for info/reasoning for my buddy

TheHip41
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Motor city 5-10 10 handed Live game

Mostly weak/tight players. I have been catching cards for about 4 hours, I'm up above 40 bets.

I'm in seat 8, in seat 10 is a good friend of mine, and he knows how I play.

I'm UTG+1. UTG folds, I open raise with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

seat 9 folds.

My buddy has K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Info on my game, in this spot, and my buddy knows this, I'd raise 99-AA, AKs-AJs, AK, AQ, maybe AJ. That's about it.

Comments on his preflop call. If you think it's good, why, if you think it's bad, why, I couldn't really explain it to him all that well, althought I know why I'd fold.

Thanks

sublime
11-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Comments on his preflop call. If you think it's good, why, if you think it's bad, why, I couldn't really explain it to him all that well, althought I know why I'd fold.

hes playing a dominated offsuit hand against a skilled player.

how that?

Fat Nicky
11-22-2004, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Info on my game, in this spot, and my buddy knows this, I'd raise 99-AA, AKs-AJs, AK, AQ, maybe AJ. That's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJo is an underdog to all of the hands that you raise with. It's as simple as that.

TheHip41
11-22-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

hes playing a dominated offsuit hand against a skilled player.

how that?

[/ QUOTE ]

But he doesn't "know" I have AJ or AK or KK or JJ, I might have 99, or AQ, or TT. Since I raise more hands than most ppl, would that change your thought process?

shant
11-22-2004, 03:59 PM
No, it wouldn't. Why would I want to play KJo against a skilled player in a raised pot. I won't be happy with most flops.

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Given this:

"Info on my game, in this spot, and my buddy knows this, I'd raise 99-AA, AKs-AJs, AK, AQ, maybe AJ. That's about it."

Why would he call? Cold-calling with KJo is *always* bad, imo.

sublime
11-22-2004, 04:09 PM
But he doesn't "know" I have AJ or AK or KK or JJ, I might have 99, or AQ, or TT. Since I raise more hands than most ppl, would that change your thought process?

he is an underdog to every single hand you could have

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 04:10 PM
So instead of being dominated, he now has a *faint* glimmer of hope in what will be a small pot probably? It's still a clear fold.

Malcom Reynolds
11-22-2004, 04:12 PM
And calling two bets as an underdog compounds the error. And he may be dominated. And he's not suited so it won't even save him from domination sometimes.

Carlos
11-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Maybe some hard numbers will convince him.

KJo has a little less than 30 percent equity heads up against your range of hands.

32s has a little less than 30 percent equity heads up against AA.