PDA

View Full Version : 99 HU. How ro play

Omaha8Player
11-22-2004, 03:40 PM
This is definitely the type of hands where I am most lost. When I have a small to mediocre pair and I am HU. How aggresive can i be?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Piiop
11-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Raise preflop the first time.

Luv2DriveTT
11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Bet the river. Villian most likely has a middle pocket pair,or something as silly as 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and is prepared to call down to the river. He is afraid of the flush, and the 5. He might have an Ace, but that doesn't mean he is willing to bet it on the river. His river check screams weakness. Bet, fold to an unlikely raise if one shows up.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

PS: Raise pre-flop. 99 is a premium hand!

Fat Nicky
11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
I like everything post-flop. I don't like the limp/re-raise. First in, in MP, you should be raising.

Omaha8Player
11-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks all. Not that it mathers but he had KK

Piiop
11-22-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river. Villian most likely has a middle pocket pair,or something as silly as 4 and is prepared to call down to the river. He is afraid of the flush, and the 5. He might have an Ace, but that doesn't mean he is willing to bet it on the river. His river check screams weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain raise/capped preflop, he doesn't have the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif and he likely has a good hand. If he called the turn with a pocket pair when the Ace showed up, he's calling the river too. He's not folding a better hand if you bet and he's not calling with a worse hand either.

Evan
11-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Raise the first time around, open limping in MP sucks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif