PDA

View Full Version : Is Aladdin tournament up and running yet?

PuckNPoker
11-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Was going to Vegas this Wednesday through the weekend, and was wondering if Aladdin had started their tourneys yet. I am also looking for any other sub <$100 buyin tourneys and a good place to play fishy low-limit.

Thanks in advance.

AllVegasPoker.com
11-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think the Aladdin tournaments are quite ready yet. The last time I heard anything was 11/16/04, and at that time the Nevada Gaming Commission had not yet approved them (everything has to be approved by the NGC). I expect them to be ready in the next week or two.

Other hotels with tournaments at the sub $100 level include the Sahara, Monte Carlo, and Harrahs. Flamingo and Luxor also offer low buy-in freezeouts.

Howard Burroughs
11-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi Puck,

The Aladdin is a great place to play IMHO. I played there yesterday in fact.

The Aladdin tournaments will start this Monday.

One at 10:00 am

One at 1:00 pm.

Looks like the 10:00 am one will have a buy-in around $25. (there may be a dealer add-on option)

The 1:00 pm one is looking to be around $35.

If you are not still in town when Monday comes rolling around, there are penty of good tournaments around town (Orleans, Binion's, etc).

btw, If you are up for it on Wednesday (all 2+2ers welcome), feel free to drop by Binion's at 2:00 pm and have lunch with the Wednesday discussion group. We meet in the coffee shop (in the private meeting room, way in the back).

2+2 author Al Schoonmaker, WPT's Linda Johnson, etc should be there this week and we'd love to meet some 2+2ers visiting Vegas for Thanksgiving.

Hope you have a great time on your trip!

Best of Luck

Howard

PuckNPoker
11-23-2004, 07:27 PM
Great info! I will definitely try and hit binions for the meeting (the timing will be close as to when I get into town on Wednesday exactly), thanks for the heads up.