PDA

View Full Version : QQ in BB, am I see-through or what?

ThinkQuick
11-22-2004, 02:47 PM
4/8 Hold'em
I get QsQc in the BB.

1 EP limper, 1 MP limper (my friend), 1 LP limper, and SB (weak preflop discriminator) limps. I raise, all call.

Flop [Js 4s 3d]
SB bets, I raise, EP folds, Friend calls 2 cold (he'll do this with an ace-high flush draw or open ended straight draw), LP folds, SB 3bets (possibly 2pair), I call (?), friend calls.

Turn [Js 4s 3d] Qh

SB bets, I raise, friend 3 bets (that tricky guy!), and SB calls, I cap.

River [Js 4s 3d Qh] 2h

SB checks, I bet, both call.

I take it down since
Friend had 4h4c
SB had Jc3c

Was I too transparent and could I have done this better?
Additionally, it seems to me that my friend (44) failed to lose as much money as he should have on this hand, any opinion?

Quindle
11-22-2004, 03:12 PM
If your friend will call the flop with anything, you should cap. If you don't cap you're representing AK and intending to raise the turn on anything except an Ace to knock out your friend and see where you stand with SB - you would still have between 2 and 6 outs to beat 2 pair or a set if he three-bets.

Your friend should have raised the river which would have considerably boosted the pot. But there's nothing you can do about it if he misses the opportunity to raise his set.

You played it fine.

btspider
11-22-2004, 03:22 PM
your friend would have capped the flop with those two draws.

your range of hands is pretty narrow with the PF raise and the turn cap on that board.. you got 5 BB's from both your opponents on the big streets. you would have gotten the same or less if you played it any other way (calling the turn 3-bet, check-raise river, etc).