PDA

View Full Version : I flop top two and play it poorly.

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 12:55 PM
UB 4/8. Fairly LAGgy game.

Hero is the BB with AKo. Very loose (has raised PF with A6o, 89s, KTo, etc.) and aggressive MP open-raises, button cold-calls, I 3-bet, both players call.

Flop: AK7r. Hero bets, MP raises, button folds, I call, intending to check-raise the turn.

Turn: Q. Hero checks, MP checks. Bleh.

River: 7. Hero bets, MP calls.

Given MP's tendencies, I think I should have just rammed and jammed with this one. You think that MP's turn check might be an indicator that maybe he's not so LAGgy. You'd be wrong.

slogger
11-22-2004, 12:58 PM
No, still think he's LAGgy. Just because he knows a scary board when facing a pre-flop 3-bettor when he sees one doesn't mean he's not still LAGgy.

He called your river bet with QTo, didn't he?

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Eh, let's put it this way: I was ahead preflop, on the flop, on the turn, and I was behind on the river. To a hand even a LAG couldn't raise with.

smoore
11-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I like your play, you tried for the CR and basically ended up missing one bet for what you must have felt was better than a 50% chance of getting two on the turn. If he's a real maniac he may even reraise your CR if he's got two pair also. I don't know if you did, but I would have to "think" about my call on the flop for about 10 seconds.

Sarge85
11-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Just because you missed a check-raise doesn't mean you played the hand poorly. You had an accurate read, and a situation that provided an opportunity to act on that read.

I wouldn't kick yourself too hard about it.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

smoore
11-22-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, let's put it this way: I was ahead preflop, on the flop, on the turn, and I was behind on the river. To a hand even a LAG couldn't raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh. The mighty 72o wins again huh?

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 01:09 PM
I think you might be right. It doesn't look as bad once I put it down in writing. I think it's partly the Missed-Check-Raise Blues.

slogger
11-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Maniac raising whenever first in and sometimes after limpers open-raises in MP, I 3-bet on the button with KK, and only Maniac calls.

Flop: Kd 5h 2d

We cap the flop.

Turn: Td

We cap the turn

River: brick

I call a bet. Maniac show 8d3d for the turned flush.

This is how my day went yesterday. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Variance is a beautiful flower, but like many other flowers it must regularly wither and die before blooming anew in the spring. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Villian had 67s and I lost.

I hear ya slogger, that was pretty much my day yesterday. +50 BB on Saturday, -40 BB on Sunday.

Draws weren't hitting and big pairs were getting crapped on. Embrace the variance.

TripleH68
11-22-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of young guys just love playing the suited connectors. Must be thanks to ESPN. Sorry about the "young" stereotype but I see this quite a bit at the B&M.

Sarge85
11-22-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian had 67s and I lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he had the decency to save you one BB.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MoreWineII
11-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Given my line, I think it would be hard for him to put me on anything other than AA, KK, or QQ. And of course, AK. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But yah, I'm still surprised he didn't pop the river.