PDA

View Full Version : Stake arrangements, or Backing arrangements

golFUR
11-22-2004, 12:48 PM
I'll post here to start, Poker Theory next I guess...

I'm looking for a thread or threads that give examples of backing arrangements, or staking arrangements. Not certain what terminology people prefer.

I have a small few people who are willing to stake me to see me get up into the bigger dollar games. They've seen my results and are comfortable enough with them to consider me a money making opportunity. Two of them are interested in a piece of my ring game, one wants to see me in bigger dollar tournaments (I'm not as sure about him...) and all of them want my SnGs. Obviously, I can't accept all of that. I'll have to limit myself, schedule myself, to either SnGs -or- ring, with perhaps a tourn or two here and there. Either that or the money and %s just get way too complex.

I've been kicking the idea around, as well as suitable arrangements, and I'd like more ideas for how it could work.

From the few posts I've found so far the main idea I've got is: It is different for every group or player, and I'm cool with that. But I would like some ideas of how other people have done it just to make sure I'm considering every option.

For example, what I've been considering recently: Let's say I am staked 300BB at X limit, for ring game play. I can play until I've earned some predetermined amount, pay everyone back their stake plus the predetermined profit margin, keeping the rest, or starting over to do it again. Or, I can play daily, pay them 50% of profits monthly, until some predetermined profit amount is reached. Or, I can play for a set time limit, paying what ever I've earned... I don't know.

I'm low on ideas, I'd like to hear what kinds of arrangements others have come up with. If we decide to do this we all need to be happy with it, and we all need to have everything decided ahead of time.

Greg J
11-22-2004, 01:43 PM
This might be totally worthless. I know nothing about staking -- I never considered asking for it. I do know you can build a legitimate BR by bonus whoring sites for a few months, which shoud get you the BR for at least 2/4. Starting with $500 can do this for you. This link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1060198&fp art=&PHPSESSID=) might be helpful. This might be totally useless though, and certainly will be if you are dead set on a stake.

Best of luck to you,
Greg

MycroftX
11-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Why not just keep playing and accumulate your own bankroll?

If your that good, once you have 300BB in whichever limit you like, you get to keep 100% of your profit...

But to answer your question, if he wants 50% of your profits, that's actually not bad, I've heard of worse. But deals like this are often a bad deal, or turn out scamish, or shady.

In any case, if you build your own bankroll by bonus whoring, you'll easily have a big enough bankroll to play and keep 100% of your profits.

And you will be a happy Hal.

g'luck, MycroftX

sup Greg J

that link in greg J's post to homers bankroll thread rocks