PDA

View Full Version : J5s folds to 1 bet on river..

chson
11-22-2004, 12:01 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.00.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="purple"> They're suited! </font>

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

<font color="purple"> I figured waiting for a safe card to fall on the turn before betting/raising would be incorrect since the pot was relatively small.</font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

<font color="purple"> Good chance I'm still in the lead. </font>

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="purple"> Although the pot has become quite large, the board's too coordinated to call a raise. Right?</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, won by MP3.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP3.</font>

butters
11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
MP3 might call your river bet with a worse hand, but I think checking and hoping to induce a bluff might be the way to go here.

slogger
11-22-2004, 12:15 PM
If you were going to fold to a raise, you should have checked and shown down your hand for one bet.

chson
11-22-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were going to fold to a raise, you should have checked and shown down your hand for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I need to work on these kind of plays since I'm always in the AGGRO mindset.

spamuell
11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolute rubbish. There are lots of examples where value betting is clearly correct and folding to a raise is also clearly correct.