PDA

View Full Version : Good plays?

JJKillian
11-22-2004, 11:34 AM
I liked the 2nd play more than the first, don't really see much wrong with it. Other than just going to a min raise (400 to go) I don't see how else I could have got away from the first hand. My question on it is, push that hard knowing your basically in the money?

both are $10 sng's on party

Thanks in advance

JJ

First hand

Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: JJKillian ( $1270 )
Seat 6: xxxJazz ( $495 )
Seat 7: xxxhab ( $880 )
Seat 8: xxxets ( $1925 )
Seat 9: xxxman ( $2590 )
Seat 10: xxxmur ( $840 )
Trny:7362180 Level:5
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to JJKillian [ Ks Ac ]
xxxmur folds.
JJKillian raises [600].
xxxJazz folds.
xxxhab folds.
xxxets folds.
xxxman raises [800].
JJKillian is all-In.
xxxman calls [270].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 9s, Th ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]
** Dealing River ** [ Ah ]
xxxman shows [ Jh, Jd ] three of a kind, jacks.
JJKillian shows [ Ks, Ac ] a pair of aces.
JJKillian finished in sixth place.
xxxman wins 2640 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, jacks.

2nd hand

Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: xxxMD23 ( $1000 )
Seat 3: xxxsme ( $2935 )
Seat 4: JJKillian ( $2820 )
Seat 7: xxx2001 ( $1245 )
Trny:7362216 Level:6
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to JJKillian [ Js Jh ]
xxxMD23 folds.
xxxsme calls [300].
JJKillian raises [1050].
xxx2001 folds.
xxxsme is all-In.
JJKillian is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, 4h, 3h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 5d ]
JJKillian shows [ Js, Jh ] a pair of jacks.
xxxsme shows [ Ah, As ] a straight, ace to five.
JJKillian finished in fourth place.
xxxsme wins 115 chips from side pot #1 with a straight, ace to five.
xxxisme wins 5940 chips from the main pot with a straight, ace to five.

tigerite
11-22-2004, 11:37 AM
First hand - you may as well just push preflop. AK isn't AA and there's nothing wrong with winning the blinds with it, you're also at only 6BB. Sure, you could raise to 2.5BB but you'll be committed anyway. Shove it in.

Second hand - I don't like this at all. Why go to war with the only other person who can knock you out? I'd just call here. Then maybe xxx2001 will fancy his chances, go all in on an attempted steal of the two juicy pots that are there, or catch a piece of the flop and do it there. The original limper will push, and you get chance to fold. (You WOULD fold in that situation, right? Let him knock out the small stack, there's no point in calling)

tigerite
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
You also have to ask why the big stack in the 2nd example is limping, when he knows he could raise with anything and get you to fold marginal holdings, and go to war with the BB (or get him to fold, too)? His limp here to me is a huge tell of a big hand. I've seen this and also with a min re-raise. It happened just the other day to me, and I nearly, so nearly laid down KK in your position (SB)..

Blinds 150/300, down to 5, big stack (button) min-raises 600, I call 450, BB (short stack, about 1000) goes all-in, big stack goes over the top. I thought for a long time and called. Big stack had AA

JJKillian
11-22-2004, 11:45 AM
yeah I would fold in that situation. I have no problem even folding k/k in the right situations. And that is why I posted it. I like to play aggressive on the bubble, but after the play I was wondering why I just did that against the big stack with that many chips, hehe.

Thanks

JJ

tigerite
11-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah I hear you - if the big stack had done a standard 3BB raise here I would probably have gone all over the top of him, or done a stop and go, but with his call, if you also just call you are 'goading' the small stack to have a go - then even if the original limper folds you can call with JJ and are likely to be in great shape. And if he's slowplaying a monster you can get out of it. Plus small stacks do strange things on flops and tend to push to win the nice pot they can see in front of them..