PDA

View Full Version : Play AA?

11-20-2001, 04:51 PM
Say u are in a tourney where place 1-3 pays. blinds are 500 1000, you have 900, BB has 1200 (200 left after his blind)You are first in and There are two others between you and the BB who have HUGE stacks. Do you muck AA and hope that BB will get busted or do you play them?

11-20-2001, 05:55 PM
I play the AA. There is no guarantee that the BB is going to lose, even though it's a given he'll be all-in. It's also possible the 2 big stcks don't play because of bad cards and they don't want to mix it up with eachother.

If your not going to play AA, what would you play? There are certain situatuions where you would muck AA in a similar situation. Like if you were on the button, only 1 big stack was left and already committed to the hand and the large and small blind short stacked, especially with the BB all-in, as your post indicated. There, you clearly have a better chance of moving up as the SB would probably play because of the increased value. You have a good chance to move up a notch into the $. The scenario you suggest may not move you up and then you're left with the awful feeling of mucking AA and wondering "what if"? I'd hate THAT scenario.

Keep playing hard!

11-20-2001, 06:52 PM
You have to play here. you are under the gun. The BB could just muck and wait for you to bust next hand (unless the house has a whoever had most chips rule). In theory this decision COULD vary depending on the spread of 1-3 payouts. This is why it can SOMETIMES be correct to muck AA in a super where all places pay the same. I am sure you can search for one of the many threads on the topic.

Yours is not close to this situation

11-21-2001, 01:54 AM
See my message of 8th November re the $500 WPF Omaha event;

I'd much rather take an active role most of the time than sit back and wait.