PDA

View Full Version : 5+1 at Party

kyro
11-22-2004, 09:23 AM
WTF is he doing playing a 5+1???

Well, I'll tell you. My Party bankroll took a huge hit due to either bad beats or questionable play. I'm thinking the latter. Anyways, I'm in the computer lab and I figure I'll play a quick SNG.

15/30 blinds. Still full table.
I get AKo in the BB. I have just over 800 chips.

UTG is short stack with about 450 or so and minraises to 60. The next 3 call, and it's folded to me. Two of the three callers have me covered. The PF raiser was down to about 200 but built it back up at my expense by coming over the top to my PF raises and flop bets several times. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything but whatever.

Is this ANY justification to pushing here. Any at all? I did. I'll post my thought process at the time a bit later, but deep down I think it may have been a foolhardy move. Thanks.

tigerite
11-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Well, there is in a way, because there's 240 in the pot and your stack is now between 2 and 5 times the pot, which you can justify a push with. Also you're in the BB so your position is going to be horrible after the flop. It's going to be a hard one to play however you look at it.

kyro
11-22-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, there is in a way, because there's 240 in the pot and your stack is now between 2 and 5 times the pot, which you can justify a push with. Also you're in the BB so your position is going to be horrible after the flop. It's going to be a hard one to play however you look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

an abundance of replies. awesome!

thanks tigerite, that was basically my reasoning. I just wanted to check that it made some sense. I figured the only one who would call me was UTG, the short stack, and I'd be no worse than a coinflip. I figured if I was behind any of the other hands, they would have reraised PF. As it turns out, UTG folded, but I was called by someone who had me covered by about 200 extra chips....with 44. I was fairly amazed at the call, but I felt better once my K hit. Thanks for the reply.