PDA

View Full Version : NBA Rookie of the Year prediction

Toro
11-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Celtics Al Jefferson

This 19 year old can play. Looks like Ainge struck gold with this pick.

namknils
11-22-2004, 11:18 AM
I haven't really been following all that closely, and it is still very early, but doesn't Loul Deng have the stats right now? He is on a horrible team, but he has already shown he belongs in the NBA.

Toro
11-22-2004, 12:25 PM
My prediction is probably off the wall. I don't follow the league enough to know his competition and so far he hasn't gotten the minutes to have great stats. But this kid has a load of talent. Big, fast, great hands, nice moves and shooting touch around the basket and he's only 19.

Tremendous upside as they say.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
it will probably be Okafor.

namknils
11-22-2004, 12:52 PM
I think it will be Okafor too. But Deng is the sleeper pick, an incredible player. The Bulls will keep him just long enough to develop him and then trade him away for nothing. Then the Bulls will stay horrible forever and keep remembering back to the glory days.

For those of you that aren't in Chicago, there are Bulls commercials and billboards all over the place, their motto is "Through Thick and Thin", yeah it's that bad.

Popinjay
11-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Deng is putting up the most numbers of all the rookies so far I believe. Right now I see it as a 3 way race, between Okafor Howard and Deng

Uston
11-22-2004, 02:11 PM
I agree that Jefferson will be a very good player. I don't think he'll get any more ROY consideration than guys like Andre Iguodala or Josh Childress, though.

I agree with the poster who said that it's a three-man race between Okafor (my choice, although I'm obviously biased), Howard, and Deng.

Toro
11-22-2004, 02:20 PM
You guys are most likely right. But the last couple of games, Rivers has been giving Jefferson more meaningful minutes and he has responded well. I'd like to re-visit the discussion in about a month.

Uston
11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
I'd like to re-visit the discussion in about a month.

Same here. If last night is any indication, my preseason pick of Ben Gordon will look a lot less stupid in a month.

wayabvpar
11-22-2004, 02:58 PM
I haven't seen any of them play yet (other then seeing Okafor getting dunked on by Tayshaun Prince), but from the scuttlebutt I have heard, Howard is gonna be a great player. Whether he is the best in his rookie year is debatable, but it sounds like he has the chops to be the best player when all is said and done. Time will tell...

junkmail3
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Lebron James. Again.

Toro
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lebron James. Again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you insuating that he's playing like a rookie?

namknils
11-22-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lebron James. Again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you insuating that he's playing like a rookie?

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it as "he is just that good".