PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this A/K right or no.

Arm187r
11-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

I most always play A/K more aggressively than this but I thought it wasn't a bad thing to have UTG do my betting for me and the flop was so ragged I didn't want to chase off my callers.
Final Pot: 11 BB

pointcount
11-22-2004, 07:44 AM
raise the flop!
raise the turn!

You have top pair top kicker you should be getting as many bets into the pot as you can. If you are shown undue aggression on the river you should slow down, but I'd be capping that flop and 3 betting the turn without hesitation

Kasumeat
11-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Raise this flop! Your hand is very good, but it's far from invulnerable, you can't give people cheap cards.

Raise the turn. There's just no reason to slowplay here, you already have evidence that the BB is coming along for the ride.

I'm not even sure that this is a good bet. UTG might be giving up on a bluff here, or he might be trying to induce a bet. It's probably going to be the former more often than not though, so this is probably good. Anybody else have thoughts?

Arm187r
11-22-2004, 08:07 AM
You guys are definitely right. I appreciate the thoughts. I was worried they would fold because I had been playing so tight. But when I bet the river and both called BB showed 2-5 offsuit. At least I didn't get c/r /images/graemlins/crazy.gif If i raise the flop he's not gonna call. I was to tricky (stupid) for my own good that hand.

shadow29
11-22-2004, 08:41 AM
RAISE!!