PDA

View Full Version : Data Mining with PokerTracker

Reef
11-22-2004, 06:34 AM
I thought only hands that one played could be auto imported to one's database. Is it possible to just leave the tables from party (and empire?) running all day long while PT runs and data mines? If so, how is this done.. thanks!

exist
11-22-2004, 06:42 AM
data mining is great. leave some tables open at party and have pokertracker import hands just like you do when you are sitting at the tables. party will be downloading the hand histories to the exact same place. also, a good place to find info on stuff like this is the help function in pokertracker itself.

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Erm, I just opened up Party Poker and am observing a couple of tables but nothing went into my hand history folder. What am I doing wrong? Please explain to an idiot.

Thanks.

moondogg
12-03-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Erm, I just opened up Party Poker and am observing a couple of tables but nothing went into my hand history folder. What am I doing wrong? Please explain to an idiot.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't played a real-money hand yet, do that.

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 05:04 PM
I have.

cthomer5000
12-03-2004, 05:04 PM
go to the help menu of the program, is has it's own heading there "How to Import Party (and affiliates) Hand Histories Stored on your Hard Drive"

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I get "file not found" when I do this.

kendal14
12-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Make sure you have version ending with 52 or 53 at least. This functionality is in the last two versions. When you set up the functionality to auto-import hands (lightning looking icon) there is a check box next to something about importing observed hands.

This is all vague and not as specific as I would like to be, but I am at work and not on my computer with the software. Hope this helps.

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 05:33 PM
I have 2.05.02

kendal14
12-03-2004, 05:44 PM
That is the right version. In terms of having a "File not found" when you are going for the help file. I remember I had this problem when I downloaded the setup from Mozilla Firefox. I seem to remember reading that this was a known issue. You need to download the file through IE I believe. But I would head over to the pokertracker forum. You will definiltey get more detailed and accurate help there.

With version 2.05.2 you should see the lightning bolt icon in the upper left. One or two over. When the dialog opens up there is a button about setting up how to import observed hands. Hit it and you can set your parameters. Hope this helps you and the original poster.

usmfan
12-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Try PT Forum (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/) . But the answer to this question is one of the major pieces of the help file.

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 07:26 PM
I think the problem is that my observed hands on Party do not seem to be logged on my C: Drive? How do I remedy this?

kendal14
12-03-2004, 08:03 PM
They are being logged. You might not be pointing to the right file. Assuming that you are not running an older version of Party Poker (which I do not think is possible as they force upgrades understandably) any Party Poker table open will create a hand history file locally on your machine.

Izaak_Walton
12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
from lobby click options click hand history configuration, make sure the top choice is on "Yes". If not, put it on yes click apply at bottom.

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
where?

partygirluk
12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
That was not the problem

Izaak_Walton
12-03-2004, 08:51 PM
uh . . .sorry to bother . . .

emonrad87
12-04-2004, 12:02 AM
OKAY. All the posters so far have missed the point.

Your played-in hands are stored in the "hand history" folder with in the party/affiliate directory as .txt files. They remain there for 90 days.
The observed hand files are stored as .hhf files within the main Party directory. So that's like C:/Program Files/Party poker . They are deleted automatically when you close the Party client. To import these observed hands into PokerTracker, you use the Auto-import function. You need to set the directory that it looks in as the main Party directory and NOT the hand history sub directory. Then, on the second window that pops up (the one with the dialog box that says stuff like,"time fired at.." click the box that says "configure import of observed hand histories" or something like that. Be sure you don't close the Party client before you import the observed hands, or they will be lost.