PDA

View Full Version : playing against a total lag

rt1
11-22-2004, 05:05 AM
In a local tourney, usually 1 (sometimes 2) table sng, that gets going once or twice a week there is this guy who is a total lag. He is moving all in with any piece of the board. Top pair, bottom pair, flush draw, gut shot, hes all in. He doesnt have to be the aggressor, he will call the all ins. Sometimes he will even call with ace high. Yes, he is the definition of a calling station. Now, in a cash game I usually sit back and wait to trap this guy with the nut hands. However, in this tourney (oh btw its a rebuy tourney), you cant really sit back and wait, because if hes not dumping chips to you, hes dumping them to the other players, who are half decent and know a thing or two about the game.

So, I am a really tight player, but I think vs this dude I am going to start pushing pocket pairs / over cards preflop vs him. My allins should be strong enough to isolate and since preflop he will call with anything suited or any A/K it should almost always be in my favor. I am aware of the gap concept and I know I will lose my fair share of these allins vs him, but I honestly think me playing over lag will give me a chance to build up a huge stack and allow me to compete with the other huge stacks (that this guy is always doubling up) at the table.

Kinda just thinking outloud, but tell me what you think?