PDA

View Full Version : Problems Heads up?

Miamipuck
11-22-2004, 04:25 AM
I used to think I was very successful heads up. All of a sudden I can not get out of my own way.

In two weeks the 90 times I was heads up on a table I won 32 of them. Which kinds sucks.

Case in point, in October I was 48 of 62 in 1st. (I was mostly playing limit then)

Can multi-tabling be the problem? I just started Multi-tabling in the 20's. I was playing the 50's one table at a time. I was getting bored so I started to play 2-4 tables at a time.

Not whining about bad beats, we all get them. Just looking for any suggestions as to fixing the problem. What do some of you do when it seems like you lose every duel?

captZEEbo1
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
I just curse at the top of my lungs each time I lose heads up.

One thing you should note is whether it seems like you get outplayed or not. If you are outplaying them, then you lose some b.s. allin, not much you can do. I've found multitabling hurts your heads up reads a little bit, but not TOO much.

Another thing to note is when you get 3 handed, are you more apt to get a 2nd by blowing a lead heads up, or by coasting your way to the $$ and just not having enough chips.

Miamipuck
11-22-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just curse at the top of my lungs each time I lose heads up.

One thing you should note is whether it seems like you get outplayed or not. If you are outplaying them, then you lose some b.s. allin, not much you can do. I've found multitabling hurts your heads up reads a little bit, but not TOO much.

Another thing to note is when you get 3 handed, are you more apt to get a 2nd by blowing a lead heads up, or by coasting your way to the $$ and just not having enough chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, Yeah I scare the crap out of my dog and girlfriend when I yell and curse.

Capt. you make some interesting questions/points. To be honest, I obviously have been outplayed to lose like that. That being said I have never lost a game and said that guy just killed me. I would say it has been a conglomerate of situations that have come up.................
Bad beats ( I have had some Doozies), Not winning my pushs pre-flop when I am the favorite (not bad beats), and most certainly losing when I am the underdog.

If I am guilty of anything I would think I need to raise way way more. I have to get back to being an aggressive player. Looking back at it maybe it is passivity?

As to the last question, that is difficult to answer. I have been the massive chip leader and lost, short stack, even. My mind set is, unless I am ridiculously short stacked , I play aggressive 3 handed, not reckless and take into account the calling requirements of my opponents. But that is with any winning player I would say. I think I am relaxing too much when I get to the HU stage.

Thank you for the reply Capt.

Benholio
11-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Perhaps you could post some HU HH's for the posters here to look at. Without knowing how you are playing them, it is hard to fix the problem (if there is one).

Also, just looking at win/loss record is deceptive. It does not take into account whether you are coming into heads up with 15% of the chips, or 60% of them. Your 'problem' could be 3- or 4-handed, leaving you at a disadvantage when it is time to go HU.

On a related note, keep an eye out for posts from rachelwxm, as I believe a project she is working on will be able to provide some useful information in regards to this kind of thing.