PDA

View Full Version : My initial foray into the 215's...the first hand.

bugstud
11-22-2004, 03:46 AM
I'm 4th to act with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 folds, guy to my right limps, I limp. Folded to the button who makes it 80, the blinds fold and we both call.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Limper bets 100.

What's your action here, assuming you got there?

Gramps
11-22-2004, 04:17 AM
My action would be to probably fold to the limper PF, and definitely fold to the raise to 80 PF.

If I "got there" to the flop, after the SNG was over, I'd drop back down a level or two, unless I was committed to being disciplined about foldling hands like these PF at the 10/15 blind level. Even the 1 in 3 or so flops that hit you well are going to be very tough to play, and you're going to be behind a lot of the time (despite the flop hitting you) - and many of the times that you are actually ahead, you're not going to have anyway of knowing the difference between that spot and being way behind (AQ/KK/AA, etc. here).

Sorry to be a dick, just keeping it real.

bugstud
11-22-2004, 04:23 AM
I never said this was a sober venture in the realm of the 215s... /images/graemlins/grin.gif Nor is this intended to be a permanent change. It actually occured as an extension of the one-day scheme by cleveland guy.

Gramps
11-22-2004, 04:58 AM
Cool, no problem on doing that once (the foray into one 215 game still comfortably within your BR, being non-sober can happen many, many times).

If I was caught in the flop in the described hand, I'd say "goddamn it," pause, then click the fold button. Ain't worth going to war in a relatively small pot with Mr. PF raiser sitting behind you still to act.

Jason Strasser
11-22-2004, 05:06 AM
I'd limp/fold preflop. I agree with gramps about the flop (fold)

bugstud
11-22-2004, 05:48 AM
for the interested, the raiser automucks after I fish-call. He bets 100 again on the 9 turn and checkcalls 200 on the 9 river with his Ac3c.

he busts with 64o the next hand

betgo
11-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I general, I am not fond of limping in and then calling preflop raises. However, I think the preflop play was fine with the big suited connector. This is the kind of hand you want to see a flop with.

bucci
11-24-2004, 12:55 PM
agree with the other posts about the pre-flop play. but since you're there on the flop..

100 Bet into you, you have two choices: fold or raise. I think you have to take your hat off to the guy for getting his money in first and lay your hand down. Otherwise, make it 300 and see what everyone really has... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PapiChulo503
11-24-2004, 01:40 PM
What were the chips counts? What were the blinds? I would re-raise and see what hes got. You have top par with a good kicker, if hes got AA, KK, AQ he wont have a problem calling your bet.

betgo
11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
I don't think you can fold to a 1/3 pot bet with top pair second kicker. Either call or raise.