PDA

View Full Version : Gone in 18 minutes (low content)

River2Pair
11-22-2004, 03:17 AM
5+1 on Pokerrom today.

Two hands where I moved any chips.

1) AA in MP, two limpers, I raise from 30 to 100, both limpers call. Flop is KQx, one of the limpers C/Rs me all-in. I call, we chop.

2) KK in MP, a few limpers, I raise to 100 again, CO makes it 400, first limper calls, I make it 900, CO calls, first limper pushes, we both call. CO and limper both have AA, and CO wins with a one card flush.

Same AA slowplayer both hands.

zaxx19
11-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Whenever KK loses to AA i just chalk that up too gambling. You have too play KK for all your chips if you can early in a tourney imho...if the AA creeps up oh well....

Cleveland Guy
11-22-2004, 02:54 PM
I've had this happen inside 5 minutes before, and the hand I lose to isn't as good as AA.

nightlyraver
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Yeah, that just sucks. Pushing with KK however is almost always correct unless you are SURE that the other guy has AA and that type of sure-ness is rarely achieved. Example: The guy limps and re-raises all-in and this same guy, as per your own observations, has done this several times and it was ALWAYS with aces. And by several I don't mean once or twice.

A suggestion, though. Why was your raise so puney in those hands. I mean, yeah once you raise to 100 in the first hand, you have to raise to 100 in the second hand. However, you should have raised to 180 imho. Once they have 30 in the pot, they will call for 70 more with many hands. They will call with far fewer for 150 more. Also, with hands like AA or KK you will typically want to win it right on the flop and prevent people from drawing out on you. It is therefore better for you to get more chips in pre-flop I feel. I am just one of those people who go by the 4xBB+#ofLimpers rule for raising. I also do that with ANY hand that I'm raising with for obvious reasons.