PDA

View Full Version : mmm Great session (low content)

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 03:16 AM
Well I broke a new personal record today in the wrong way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~clar0480/greatsession.jpg

No need for details, you all know how bad sessions happen.

Schneids
11-22-2004, 03:18 AM
At least you kept it under $6000...

Blarg
11-22-2004, 04:10 AM
50/100? Damn, I thought you just recently graduated from 3/6.

Schneids
11-22-2004, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bike is actually on the FBI's most wanted list in connection with multiple bank robberies.

joker122
11-22-2004, 04:19 AM
what sight runs 50/100 and how is the game?

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what sight runs 50/100 and how is the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1263265&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

interpoker and it was a fantastic game today. 2 players with vpips over 60. one was super passive abc and the other was super LAG retard. Other players ranged from good to mediocre.

I lost 3 $2000 pots to 4 outers or less. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lots of 'theoretical' money made today. I'm not upset at all. Cards just fell wrong.

Just finished my senior paper for school which to quote schnieds : (11:53:19 PM): haha is this the same paper you are always working on?

Yes. After a month and a half, I'm done.

Time to go hop in the 15 game.

joker122
11-22-2004, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lots of 'theoretical' money made today. I'm not upset at all. Cards just fell wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is definitely my favorite kind of money /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BusterStacks
11-22-2004, 05:08 AM
Sklansky bucks.

NLSoldier
11-22-2004, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just finished my senior paper for school which to quote schnieds : (11:53:19 PM): haha is this the same paper you are always working on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, its Sneeds, or Schnides. You give him way too much respect after what he tried to get me to say in reply to this thread /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Congrats on gettin the paper done. Damn that must feel good.
Too bad about those 4 outers...If they dont happen your day goes from worst ever to exactly even. lol, but I try not to think about it like that, I make myself go craaazy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Ouhh it got better! Losing sets and losing to sets hurts.
http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~clar0480/greatsession2.jpg

That's enough for one day. Tomorrow will be better.

Lawrence Ng
11-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Hang in there Bike!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wanna see all greens in the $10k range next time you post a SS of your results.

Lawrence

NLSoldier
11-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Damn dude...you might wanna check out this thread in the OOT forum.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1289791&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Tosh
11-22-2004, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanna see all greens in the $10k range next time you post a SS of your results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather we didn't see anymore screen shot results at all.

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'd rather we didn't put up with your bullshit. It's not like i put this in some random thread and you stumbled upon it and made you read it.

You obviously don't want to hear what I have to say/think. On this one it's as easy as NOT OPENING A THREAD I STARTED. I even said low content. You really set yourself up for this one.

Go smart people.

Not in this case of this posting, but I'd bet for every person like you that complains about the screenshots there are 2 that appreciate them.

Get over it.

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a good game so I couldn't pass it up. It's not my normal game or anything. Still playing the party 15 game...

Tosh
11-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Translation of the original post.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone, in case you didn't know (you probably did because all I do is brag these days) I now play 50/100. Just a few months ago I was playing 3/6, how f'cking awesome is that. Oh yeah, look I've had a 60BB down turn, which is nothing I admit but its nearly $6,000, and you know what? I'm cool with it!

Did I mention I am playing 50/100?

[/ QUOTE ]

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Yeah all i've been doing is bragging about my -200bb swing at 15/30 and my LOSING at 50/100.

Yeah that's some [censored] bragging. Who the [censored] brags about losing?

Doesn't take any skill or any big person to play 50/100 and it sure doesn't make one a better person/player.

If you woulda read the "how lucky have you got thread" I said I got extremely lucky because I ran well when it mattered most.

Did you also miss the post where I said the 50 game isn't my normal game?

Tosh
11-22-2004, 08:21 AM
You posted a screen shot on a public forum and don't want comments?

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-22-2004, 08:27 AM
There is a bright side, you paid fairly little in rake!

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You posted a screen shot on a public forum and don't want comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about not wanting comments? I said I didn't want your comments because you don't like me and I'd rather you just ignored me like a reasonable person.

Tosh
11-22-2004, 08:49 AM
I dislike this thread not you, and no I will not keep my opinion to myself when I have one on something.

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and no I will not keep my opinion to myself when I have one on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the baddass of the month award goes to...

Tosh
11-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Shrug whatever, I'll leave it alone as its clearly not going to bring any good to either of us by continuing.

Enon
11-22-2004, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone, in case you didn't know (you probably did because all I do is brag these days) I now play 50/100. Just a few months ago I was playing 3/6, how f'cking awesome is that. Oh yeah, look I've had a 60BB down turn, which is nothing I admit but its nearly $6,000, and you know what? I'm cool with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you are angry because his success and quick move up through the stakes reminds you of you own inadequacies.

You come off unnecessarily hostile in this post without any provocation.

Enon
11-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Btw, congrats on moving up and finding a juicy higher limit game to take a shot at.

You might be seeing me there soon enough if its as good a game as you make it out to be.

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Just what the game needs...more good 2+2ers. I really wished i hadn't had posted it in the first place, but once I did I didn't want to be a dick and just ignore people. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope you do better than I. good luck.

Oilcan
11-22-2004, 12:55 PM
better luck next time, the cards will turn.

Btw - I like when people post their PT stat screens and hope people continue to do so.

It gives information for learning to players at all stages of their poker playing development. (whether they are showing results or asking for opinion on their stats)

I give posters more crediblity when they are willing to show/discuss their success and/or failures with their PT screens.

regards

Sponger15SB
11-22-2004, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a fairly accurate translation. I did a nice little groan when I realized this was another bike "PT screen shot" thread.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-22-2004, 01:35 PM
hi bike, unfortunately i've had a couple sessiosn worse than yours, including last night.

I sat down in a wonderful 50/100 game at Interpoker only to give tons of action on my second best hands and missed draws and not have any of my hands paid off at all. i lost quite a bit. i was sad. but then i ate some ice cream. i felt a little better. but didn't really enjoy the fact that each bite cost me like 300 bucks.

O Doyle Rules
11-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Is this your attempt to make me feel better?

Topflight
11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not in this case of this posting, but I'd bet for every person like you that complains about the screenshots there are 2 that appreciate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to vastly underestimate this.

sammy_g
11-22-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did a nice little groan when I realized this was another bike "PT screen shot" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does say low content in the subject. Why bother responding then, or even opening the thread if it bothers you?

I find it interesting to compare stats with other players. I actually LIKE it when players show their win rate so I can see how effective different styles are. I don't understand why everyone is so guarded about these numbers. Chess players aren't shy about sharing their Elo rating with you. Why are poker players so shy about BB/100?

Schneids
11-22-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the big deal. But if I ever post any screens in the future I'll be sure to label it on the outside so you can avoid it.

I know I've used screens to sometimes legitimize my claims regarding sample sizes... Like when someone says 10k hands is enough to gauge winrates and I can pull 10k stretches where I'm a huge loser or huge winner and actually show them they're wrong, instead of just saying "no you're wrong you need more hands."

AviD
11-22-2004, 03:22 PM
So ummm, where are these other notorious screenshots of yours? Count me as one of the 2:1 that likes to see em! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Some day I'll take a shot, I say good for you...you took one, ran well, and rode it out.

tom
11-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi bike,

Bad luck, but great post. Don't let the "I don't like screenshots" critics get you down (there is always one in the group).

If they don't like your post, then they don't have to read it.

Why do they complain so much? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rah
11-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed the post too. Seems to me like some people are deliberately trying to find threads to complain at.

O Doyle Rules
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Yours:

[ QUOTE ]
Ouhh it got better! Losing sets and losing to sets hurts.
http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~clar0480/greatsession2.jpg

That's enough for one day. Tomorrow will be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine:

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/1914/gentab.jpg

At first I thought you was trying to make me feel better, but now, I don't know. Maybe Tosh is onto something here...you are trying to take bragging rights away from me as the biggest loser!

PS: Put me down in the column of those who like screenshots of PT.

Inthacup
11-22-2004, 04:23 PM
interpoker and it was a fantastic game today. 2 players with vpips over 60. one was super passive abc and the other was super LAG retard. Other players ranged from good to mediocre.

The best way to make a good game bad is by posting about it here. I'm sure you'll turn it around soon. I've played with you quite a bit in the 15 game and I think you're capable of beating all but the hardest online games.

Cup

NLSoldier
11-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Chalk up another who likes screenshots, wtf is Tosh's problem?

bicyclekick
11-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks so much you guys for the suppport about the screenshots. I guess even my 2 to 1 guess was underestimated unless there are a lot of others that are groaning but don't want to publically whine about it...

RE:inthacup - I appreciate your praise but I have to humbly disagree with you. There is a lot of room for improvement in my game. I've got the whole beating bad players thing down, no doubt. But the whole trying to beat good players thing stumps me quite often. I'm not sure if you've seen my TT hands in the 40/80, but I think it's clear I don't quite have the dynamics of the game down yet.

I'll learn the same way I learned to beat bad players...experiance.

Thanks again,
Bike

/edit re: posting about good game makes it bad. I thought about taht but the damage had been done and I'm not toooooooo greedy of a person and some nice posters asked. THat and it's not like there are a milion people who are going to go play 50/100 anyhow. I dunno.

JeffO
11-22-2004, 05:26 PM
I now feel better about the $4500 I dropped at the 30/60 party game this weekend.

berya
11-22-2004, 05:55 PM
I don't mind your srcreenshots either. Post some more of them when you turn it around.

gl.

surfdoc
11-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Add another vote to the I like screenshots side of the disagreement here. Even if peolple post things for bragging rights, etc. it still makes for interesting dialogue. As far as the relatively big hit you took here I think that is par for the course. I often find, and I know you all know this, is that my biggest losses take place when I track down some fish who then proceeds to put a serious beat down on me. Loose games/bad players leads to high variance. You will sort it out.

Often those feelings of discomfort playing certain hands at higher limits are just jitters and would be hard for anyone at any limit to play correctly. When you start catching a few cards the sun will come out and life will be grand again. (Well, maybe you may have to wait a bit for the sun in MN, but you get the point)