PDA

View Full Version : Worst Artist/Song you hate to like...

BusterStacks
11-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Being as I like many different kinds of music, I thought this would be a cool post. Basically state what kind of music you normally listen to, and then the worst artist or song you find strangely good. For me, I'm normall a rap fan, but some weird stuff I like is Marilyn Manson, BT, The Killers.

cielo
11-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Normally: Indie Rock, some harder rock Manson, Tool, Classical

Hate to Like: Most Ludacris singles, Chingy, other super-polished rap, that one Nelly, Puff Daddy, Dreadlock guy song from bad boys 2

Favorite Line from a song i hate to love, "My medalions is reckless, it feels like a midgit is hangin' from my neckless" Man you've gotta be hight to come up with a line like that

nothumb
11-22-2004, 03:34 AM
I listen to literally almost anything. That is a way overused phrase but in my case (music major raised on Motown and singer-songwriters, former punk rocker, ersatz hip-hop producer) it is true.

I am starting to really like Ludacris also, but I'm not very ashamed of it. Same with Jay-Z.

Guilty pleasures for me are crappy hard rock when I'm in a bad mood and bad pop radio when I'm in a good mood. I do a lot of driving in a van that has no tape deck, just a radio (as part of my job working in a treatment center). Just the other day I voluntarily listened to an Evanescence song (man, that's one of those girls that you just want to bang like a ho just to deepen her infuriating issues - she can sing though) and that JoJo song with the kiddie rapper on it.

NT

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Ron Artest

Topflight
11-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Tim McGraw.

But I don't actually hate that I like anything. If I like it I like it. The country stuff I find myself listening to is the most out of the norm though.

When I make the drive back to Texas to visit friends/family for some reason I put on country music. That may be because my choices are country music and christian talk. I only like the christian talk when it is a call in show where people ask for help because they are addicted to crack and their wife left them. There is usually some funny way that Jesus fixes these problems.

jakethebake
11-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Artist? You mean some of them paint too? One of my pet peeves...calling them artists. They're a bunch of overpaid narcisistic nitwits that think they're "deep". It's just music. It's entertainment. I know technically they've created something that a lot of people really enjoy. It's just that I think they've tagged themselves with the term "artist" so even more people will think they're more special than they really are. I especially love that now movie actors like to call themselves "artists".

BusterStacks
11-22-2004, 03:03 PM
musicians are artists. actors are not. kthx.

Topflight
11-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Musicians are artists.

Actors are art supplies.