PDA

View Full Version : Basic XBox Questions

Rooster71
11-22-2004, 02:37 AM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but my questions are very basic. I am about to buy a game console (most likely an XBox), but I have zero knowledge about these things. The last time I owned a game console was a Nintendo back in 1990 or so.

From what I've seen XBox is definitely the one to buy, correct? Is the current $149.99 deal that I see at Walmart (and everywhere else I've looked) a good deal? It includes two games, I can't remember which ones. What about buying one on eBay? I have heard that you can get the console with alot of games included.

Now to the games. What are the best games to buy? This is probably not a good question because from what I've seen there are 100's of games available. In particular, I like auto racing-type games. Also, I would probably enjoy some violent-type games. Fishing and hunting games are also of interest to me.

Any XBox input or recommendations are appreciated.

Shilly
11-22-2004, 02:51 AM
Halo 2 just came out, and should be plenty violent.

My Xbox is broken, however. Buying the extended warranty is probably a good idea.

BusterStacks
11-22-2004, 03:01 AM
I love Xbox, yes it's the one to get. All deals will be the same, the outlet does not determine the price. It most definitely is a good deal for what it is. If you like racing games, I suggest MotoGP 2, you can play it online too! I cant comment on hunting fishing games, as Ive never played one, but the system itself has great graphics and lots of great games.

Edited to say, DON'T buy one off ebay. Some early models had issues with the drives, and the ones that come with games on them are illegal copies which you can never play online if you get caught with. Bad bad bad idea.

ilya
11-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Halo 2 obviously,

Project Gotham 2 & Rallisport Challenge are both great racing games,

lots of other games worth checking out, e.g. Chronicles of Riddick, the GTA games, uhhh....Halo 1?...I'm more of a PS2 fan.