PDA

View Full Version : What's a good line here?

Justin A
11-22-2004, 02:11 AM
You're in the SB with KK. MP1 open raises, and it's folded around to you. You three bet, BB gets out of the way and MP1 calls.

Flop comes AJx or AQx or something similar. You bet and MP1 raises, what's the plan for the rest of the hand? Assume average Party 3/6 player for MP1. I get lost on what to do in this type of situation.

Justin A

BWebb
11-22-2004, 02:20 AM
Very player dependent. Against most 2/4 players (I don't play 3/6 on party) I fold.

J.R.
11-22-2004, 02:36 AM
I'm a little tired now but I'll say fold, unless you have a player specific reason to think otherwise. 9 sbs in the pot, you have to put in at 5 more sbs to win 13 if you opponent keeps betting. You didn't indicate a flush draw, which might make it slightly closer.

The average 3-6er raises around 6% of their hands [roughly like AA-TT (30), AK(s)-AQ(s), (32) AJs,ATs,KQs,(12), and occasionally with AJo (about 1/3 of the time)], which may be close to right around what the average guy raises from MP1. You would be like a 7-3 dog* v. this range of hands on the flop, but the ones you are ahead of might be loathe to raise the flop (asusming a 3-6 player of average aggression). Your 3-bet indicates a pretty big hand which I don't l think people will want to make a move on on this baord, which appears to connect with a 3-bettors range of hands.

If you are worried about your image you can peel one, but I don't think 3-6 players are both observant and assertive/aggressive enough to attmept to exploit you for this flop fold, should you make it.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

Hand 1: 68.5568 % [ 00.67 00.01 ] { AA-TT, AKs-ATs, KQs, AKo-AJo }
Hand 2: 31.4432 % [ 00.30 00.01 ] { KK }

</pre><hr />

I think this range is accurate, but if others disagree, I'd be interested in hearing.