PDA

View Full Version : For those who play in Party 2/4

BWebb
11-22-2004, 01:50 AM
This might relate to other SS games on Party also. I've just recently started puting in a lot of time at the 2/4 tables and this is something I've noticed. Your typical 2/4 game, a undistinguishable player raises. Maybe there is a coldcaller or two, maybe not. You 3-bet with a usual 3-bet hand (AK, AQ, QQ, JJ, depending on the situation maybe more). I've noticed that if the original raiser caps it, 95% of the time it is AA and KK, never AK or even QQ. Now, to my question:

What percentage of the time do you think that this is the case?

ErrantNight
11-22-2004, 02:49 AM
any information you glisten from the poll response is liable to be useless to you.

typical party players are usually passive enough, that capping usually is something like AA, KK, maybe AKs. however... there are plenty of lags out there though. and tricky players. and not tricky players who know there are many other hands one can appropriately cap with...

all that said, people's impressions about what they think they've been capped with isn't liable to be immediately useful in poll form.

see if other people (hopefully smarter than I) will share their thoughts on the matter... you're liable to get better idea of how to act on particular types of hand from them than you will formulating a plan based on a "read" that doesn't really exist

BWebb
11-22-2004, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the response, and I understand what you are getting at. My description of the player as "indistinguishable" was meant to be read as "none tricky, none lag", one of the players who fall in the middle of the spectrum of players from passive to aggressive.

ErrantNight
11-22-2004, 03:10 AM
cool cool... hope it was of some help, i'm a lil drunk so hope my first post came out right. meant to be helpful :-)

smoore
11-22-2004, 03:21 AM
You're just running bad and going in with that "monster second". Some of those bastards will cap it with AJo. Cap it up with the real hands and see what happens, the're only small bets at this point. I love me some capped preflop pots when I have +EV cards.