PDA

View Full Version : Should i bet the river?

aggie
11-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Very early in a multi-table tourney...

Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10

Seat 7: poak_her ( $1085 )
Seat 9: DUSEVEN ( $955 )

Trny:7356862 Level:1
Blinds (10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DUSEVEN [ 7c 5c ]
DUSEVEN calls [15].
FantasyBB calls [15].
poak_her calls [5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, 8d, 6s ]
poak_her bets [15].
DUSEVEN calls [15].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9h ]
poak_her bets [50].
DUSEVEN raises [150].
FantasyBB folds.
poak_her calls [100].
** Dealing River ** [ 8h ]
poak_her checks.
DUSEVEN checks.
poak_her shows [ Ks, 4h ] two pairs, kings and eights.
DUSEVEN shows [ 7c, 5c ] a straight, five to nine.
DUSEVEN wins 405 chips from the main pot with a straight, five to nine.

Should i bet the river here? I think in a NLHE ring game i would have but did not feel like it was the right thing to do in a tourney (filled with crappy players)

Chief911
11-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Fold preflop.

But, since you played it out, bet the river. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

aggie
11-22-2004, 01:46 AM
Thanks, so far, at this point a lot of limping was going on, and not much raising. I felt like i could get away with playing this one pre-flop but i understand mucking is a viable option.

But let me elaborate on my actual question. This is a $100 party tournament where unknown players are likely to have any 2 cards. The problem i saw betting the end was this. If i bet, i am pretty much commiting my whole stack. If i get raised, i'm definitely not folding. Also, when i get raised, i'm probably beat most of the time. So betting the end, i feel like I stand to win a little or lose a lot. As it turned out, i'm not so sure my opponent would have called on the end anyway. Who am i kidding, he definitely would have /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shilly
11-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Why not bet the river? Your opponent has shown nothing for strength. Would he have played K8 or a set that weakly? Doubtful. Value bet the river here.

zaxx19
11-22-2004, 05:32 AM
TAMU, easily one of the most overatted programs of the last 20 yrs in college football....oh wait wrong site..eRRR do not hate on THE OHIO ST (university). Is the b12 thie biggest fraud ever in sports?? Is there even one good team in the north?? has there been for like 4yrs now/??

aggie
11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
yea, it's too bad we're in the rock solid south division. In college football, there's no tougher place to be...Not suprised to hear from a buckeye fan after last weekend, but you're right...Wrong forum!