PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely gigantic pot

scooby
11-22-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm playing live 10/20, and it's a pretty good game...lots of limping and cold calling. Anyway, unknown UTG limps, LAG raises, two people cold call, and I decide to be the pot calling the kettle back and toss in my two bets with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif SB folds, BB calls, and now UTG raises. Hmm...LAG gets this pained look that seems to indicate he got caught, and calls. Cold callers call as well, and I decide that I'm gonna cap it. Everyone calls.
Q1: Thoughts on the preflop cap?

Anyway, flop comes down:
T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, UTG bets, LAG calls, one limper calls, one folds, I raise, BB folds, UTG makes it 3, LAG calls, limper calls, and I decide that I have positive equity in putting another bet in when I may be drawing to only card, so I cap. I'm smart like that. Everyone left calls.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG bets out again, LAG raises, limper folds, I raise, UTG calls two cold, LAG caps, I call, UTG calls.

River is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG checks, LAG bets, I raise, UTG makes faces and folds, LAG 3bets, I make faces and call.

mmcd
11-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Just goes to show that suited connecters are no match for T6o, even in multiway pots.

Ezcheeze
11-22-2004, 02:51 AM
I think you should have gone for the overcall on the river since it looks so likely that UTG has a big pair and can't fold for 1 bet but likely folds for 2. This way you make the same amount of money when you are ahead (unless LAG is super duper LAG) and lose less when you are behind since you have to call the 3-bet.

-Ezcheeze

gamblore99
11-22-2004, 05:49 AM
preflop - fold, not sure of cap though i suspect its bad
flop- capping is good
turn - i like
river - as someone said the overcall is good. if he wasnt there, then i think it would really depend on how lag he is.

TStoneMBD
11-22-2004, 06:03 AM
calling pf is good, capping is also very good. i like all your lines in this hand except you shouldnt be raising the river since youre almost certainly beat and as a previous poster mentioned, utg cant fold his overpair for 1 bet but probably can for 2.

JasonP530
11-22-2004, 04:07 PM
About the preflop play-- I like the cold call, but I dont like the cap. its a 6 way pot that is already huge. Noone is going to lay down top pair or anything semi-reasonable, so youre going to need to flop a draw and get there. When you do, you will be paid hansomely, by those who already see the pot as too big and cant lay down their hands. Youre not representing a hand stronger than the one you have(and if you did, noone would pay attention). So is this a value raise?