PDA

View Full Version : Time to come to the forum for constructive criticism PP 5/10

risen
11-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Well I've been concentrating on my play over the last month at the PP 5/10 but I'm just barely beating the rake according to PT. I think my main problem is chip spewing when premium hands miss or run into opposition, and getting too jiggy with marginal hands when in position. Here's my PT particulars, and the first of many hands. Your input would be appreciated.

~15k hands
VP$IP 15.6% VP$SB 20.9% Won$WSF 36.5%
Went to SD 33.1% Won$ at SD 50.5%
Agg Factor 1.71 BB/100 0.40 /images/graemlins/confused.gif

And now to the hand

Party 5/10 10 Handed
Hero is on the button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 calls, Fold, MP1 Calls, Folded to the Hero who raises, SB reraises, BB Folds, EP1 calls, MP1 Folds, Hero Caps (?), all Call.

3 to the flop for 14 SB

SB bets, EP1 calls, Hero Raises (?!), all call.

3 to the turn for 10 BB

[ T /images/graemlins/club.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif [ 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] ]

SB checks, EP1 checks, Hero Bets, all fold.

Is this being mega hyper aggro (maniac) or am I on the right track? The plan for the river if there's anyone left?

J.R.
11-22-2004, 02:01 AM
How can you be overplaying with such a low aggression factor and low VPIP?

Tha hand is fine, the turn bet isn't that thin in light of having just 2 opponenets and the unlikelihood of the turn card changing the ordering of hands. Why not bet? There are lots of overcard/straight/flush cobmos possible which you are ahead of.

This is an easy check behind on the river with no improvement.

BTW, 15K hands is nothing. Simialrly, when you win 3+bb/100 over 15K hands, don't think you own the world.

ErrantNight
11-22-2004, 03:09 AM
aggressive, not ridiculous. wouldn't make capping flop standard here, but you do have position.
nice follow-up on the flop

risen
11-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Hmm, I thought my aggro factor was high

Preflop 1.07
Flop 2.19
Turn 2.71
River 2.33

I think this is mostly from limping unsuited big cards in LP, but I've been pondering making it a raise of fold on things like KJo from CO+1 through the button

ghettorat
11-22-2004, 09:26 AM
I just recently bought PT, where is the aggro factor function?

Any help appreciated.

J.R.
11-22-2004, 01:18 PM
My, bad, I was thinking you didn't include your preflop numbers in your aggresison factor, which brings it down.

but I've been pondering making it a raise of fold on things like KJo from CO+1 through the button

I often do this with 2 or fewer limpers. What's you pfr? Either way, 15K is a relatively short time frame, I am sure it will turn around.

J.R.
11-22-2004, 01:20 PM
I just recently bought PT, where is the aggro factor function?

Click on the "more detail" button on the general info page.