PDA

View Full Version : AA against a LAG.

Grease
11-22-2004, 12:31 AM
UTG+1 was a certified LAG. He raised 5 limpers with J5o from the button a few hands previous, and he has checkraised me before with 22 when I flopped top two with AQ. I think this is pretty standard, especially on the turn, but what do I do to a turn c/r or a river c/r? What if he goes for the trifecta? All comments appriciated.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Nate tha' Great
11-22-2004, 12:33 AM
This is one of those times where I might just call his check-raise on the flop, call his turn bet, and then raise the river.

Shillx
11-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Whenever I have position on someone that check/raises the flop and figures to have a worse hand then I do, I almost always call the flop c/r and try for a raise later in the hand.

Brad

Grease
11-22-2004, 12:40 AM
I take that line too, but I thought that my flop 3-bet wouldn't slow him down due to my previous experiences with him. Against a less aggressive player, I would have done just what you suggested.

MCS
11-22-2004, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I take that line too, but I thought that my flop 3-bet wouldn't slow him down due to my previous experiences with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I think you played it fine. If you get checkraised again, I just call down. I don't like pushing the AA since you may be dead and aren't getting a lot more bets if you're not, but I'm not folding AA against a LAG either.

One thing that would matter is if he's a tricky LAG who likes to checkraise people or a bulldozer LAG who's just firing chips constantly regardless of his hand. What I'm getting at is that for me, it matters a lot whether he'd slowplay a J.

Grease
11-22-2004, 01:42 AM
The player in question was definitely a bulldozer LAG. I was disappointed by his lack of aggression against me, but I burned him a few hands before.