PDA

View Full Version : TT Flops the Nut Set - When Do i Drop the Hammer?

GFunk911
11-22-2004, 12:24 AM
4th hand of 5/10, nine handed, no reads.

Sorry, it's goddamn Full Tilt and I lost the history.

MP raises preflop, i call TT in the cutoff, 4 players see a flop (button folds so I am the "new button").

T82r. Checked to preflop raiser who bets, I call, UTG calls

(~$75 pot) Turn is an offsuit Ace. UTG springs to life and bets, PFR raises. Do you 3-bet or flat call?

Grease
11-22-2004, 12:44 AM
I 3-bet and proceed sort of cautiously if it's capped, although there's a 99.999999% chance you're ahead. I think that the flop smooth call is pretty standard, because there's really no hand other than an overpair to give you action, and the pot is fairly small. I don't think you'll lose the UTG, because he bet into the PRF. On your good days, UTG will have 88 and tried to slowplay his set, and you cap it the rest of the way with him.

college_boy
11-22-2004, 12:52 AM
I think you have to three bet here. It seems like everybody wants to throw money at the pot, so you are likely to get a lot of action with the probable best hand

MCS
11-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Three-bet. Let's precoeed from the premise that you're ahead (i.e., no one has AA).

Consider that if you call and UTG calls, you get one more bet on the turn. If you raise, PFR will almost certainly call and you get one bet that way. If UTG was going to fold to the raise anyway, you're better off three-betting to get money from the PFR on the turn.

The only bad thing here is that maybe three-betting prevents PFR from betting the river and letting you get two bets on the river. But I think a weak ace is scared to bet the river anyway if you call the turn raise, and any ace probably at least check-calls so you're getting a bet anyway. IF PFR has a good ace like AK, he may bet a nonscary river and let you raise anyway.

mantasm
11-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah, reraise the turn. Why'd you coldcall preflop? I thought that was kind of weird.

GFunk911
11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies. I thought about it for a second and decided that the 3-Bet was the definite best option. UTG folded, the other guy called and then check called and mucked the blank river. It was probably just hindsight that led me to question, since my 3-bet seemed to kill the action, but in many/most situations I'll come out ahead with the 3-bet.

Victor
11-22-2004, 01:13 PM
3-bet and dont slow down.

dingbet
11-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Raise on the flop.

GFunk911
11-22-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your reasoning?

ErrantNight
11-22-2004, 02:58 PM
calling the flop was fine... i'd have raised this preflop, though. definitely 3-bet the turn... UTG will come along frequently. but this hand woulda played out differently if you'd raised preflop.

mistrpug
11-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Turn: Easy 3-bet. The ace is probably the best card you could have hoped for.

After the river: cash out of Full Tilt and move to a half decent site.

AviD
11-22-2004, 03:19 PM
3-bet PF
3-bet the turn

Hold on to the hammer though, you'll need it later.

Fat Nicky
11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Why raise the flop w/top set. It will kill your action on the turn when the bets are bigger.