PDA

View Full Version : Finally did it, became a successful player.

winky51
11-21-2004, 11:32 PM
After 11 1/2 months of playing poker I finally punched through all my major weak points and became a profitable player.

Thanks to reading books (17 in all) this forum and all you people that assisted me. Just wanna say thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now I just have to stop making post flop mistakes. But I do catch them after the hand and keep track. My god how mistakes add up in $$$.

I am making about $1000 a week now playing live 10/20 and 4 tables of 3/6. Ahhhh.

colgin
11-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Congratulations!

Best of luck.

Colgin

Michael Davis
11-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Give up the live play if you really want to make $$$.

-Michael

Chaos_ult
11-22-2004, 12:10 AM
So I take it that you don't think Party is rigged anymore? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

winky51
11-22-2004, 01:30 AM
I never really thought it was but the bad beat sessions were driving me NUTS. I keep track of all hands I win w/o showdown, win at showdown with callers, win at showdown w/o callers and lose at show down to draws (str8, flush, guts, 2 outers).

Just several of those nights it was staggering the ratio of 1:10 shots that beat me. Made me crazy. And luck is a BITCH I hate. Same calling station hitting hand after hand after hand on me in a row. Now I have my new online rule, after 3 bad beats in a row or a ratio of 3 bad beats to 1 win I switch tables.

And as for live games, I win a good amount of money at the 10/20. I study people and am good at tells. My Mike Caro book has paid for itself over and over. Tells allow me to win pots where I would have check/folded. Thats the difference between live and online. Saturday I won $675 in 4 hours playing 10/20.

Michael Davis
11-22-2004, 01:45 AM
"Tells allow me to win pots where I would have check/folded"

If you find this to be true often than you fold too much on the later streets.

-Michael