PDA

View Full Version : AJs against Gus Hansen and another 2+2er.

bunky9590
11-21-2004, 11:26 PM
I don't like the way I played this.

Pokerchamps 3-6 hold'em. Gus (you really need a read on him?) is in the CO. Bunky is in the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and BB is a 2+2er.

Folded to Gus, he raises. I three bet form the SB, BB caps (just great) Gus cold calls, i call.

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, BB raises, Gus three bets, I call, BB calls.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, BB checks, Gus bets, I check raise..

spamuell
11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
I would have bet out on the turn. Both the 2+2er and Gus will slow down here and can even find a fold. If you're going to do that, you might as well cap the flop. Lots of people get very aggro on the flop with all sorts of hands.

Luv2DriveTT
11-21-2004, 11:33 PM
And why is that? I love it. It allows you to get in what will likely be a check-raise on the turn, hopefully earning more bets than origionally planned. The only problem is BB is caught in the middle. Such is life, luckilly Gus (if thats really him, we have all heard about Phil's stunt dubble at UB) plays hyper aggressive at Poker Champs.

I bet Gus bet the turn, am I correct?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

sthief09
11-21-2004, 11:57 PM
yeah, I agree. a stop and go is likely to get raised and won't push out the 2+2er. the turn c/r screams "I have a better hand than you"

MCS
11-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Bet the turn. The 2+2'er will fold to a raise without a jack anyway and Gus will raise with a jack anyway (allowing you to 3-bet) but may back off when you checkraise. I don't see how the turn checkraise makes you more money.

scrub
11-22-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how the turn checkraise makes you more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't.

But checkraising is fun.

scrub

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But checkraising is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in hind sight, I like the turn check, call and lead the river. But, If neither has a Jack, I'm not getting much more anyway.

Leading the turn is probably correct here.

I just got caught up in check raising Hansen, did feel good though.

Chairman Wood
11-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Against Gus Hansen there is only one way to play this....
Go for the trifecta !!!:D
But doing it once had to be pretty cool eh?

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Against Gus Hansen there is only one way to play this....
Go for the trifecta !!!:D
But doing it once had to be pretty cool eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was alright, Gus and i have played probably 1-2k hands together so he knows I'm tight for the most part, but also knows I'm wicked aggressive when i'm in a hand. It's weird, He actually respects my bets/raises now.

Had a hand where I open raised T8s from the CO into gus's blind. He called. Flop came Ace high rags, none of my suit, no pair. Gus bet, I raised, he folded.

You actually have to play poker against Gus.

I just don't know if I can extract anymore $$ out of them if I stop and go the turn. I dunno. Keeps Gus off my back though when I constantly checkraise him.

Tosh
11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
What is pokerchamps like in general?

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Its fine. The ring games from 5-10 up are more like the UB games than the Party games. Not as many fish, and the few they do have don't last very long.

I get paid to play there so it makes it worthwhile. The 100-200 and 30-60 are running daily as are the 10-20 and 15-30. The 5-10 goes once in a while but there is usually 2-3 3/6 games going at once. As is a 2-4.

Games are not soft though. Takes a bit more thought the just blasting the clowns on Party.

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Yeah this one was tough against 2 good players. I dunno. The stop and go would have probably worked in hindsight. Though , maybe not. Kinda hard to get more money out of wither one if they don't have a Jack with all that flop action.

Check raising Gus was fun and all, it does keep him off my back, but I'm just wondering (not really) but rather What I should have done differently.

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a stop and go is likely to get raised and won't push out the 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey josh, I don't think its likely to get raised actually. However does probably envoke a call from both at best.

The plan was to actually c/r the 2+2er. I thought maybe he would lead into gus, let gus raise and put me to a decision for 2 cold. Worked out that it was checked to gus though.

What do I know?