PDA

View Full Version : Luxor & Mandalay Daliy Tournaments?

11-15-2001, 06:55 PM
Just curious to see if anyone has played these tournaments and wanted to get some others inputs.

How good is the competition? How early should you arrive to get a seat? etc.etc.

Just curious about these tournaments.

Thanks

11-15-2001, 07:23 PM
played them both. Usually you can show up to Mandalay right before it starts and get a seat. First hour is limit then it goes to no-limit. Sometimes the Luxor fills up, but you can usually get a seat 1/2 hour before hand. This one is played the same way I think. They may play limit a little longer. Maybe the final table goes to no-limit. I don't remember. They are not tough games, but you don't start with many chips, so there is a bit of a crapshoot after the first 15 minutes.

I like the sam's town nlhe tournaments in the evenings. They are $35 with one $20 rebuy. You start with 800 and I think the blinds start at 15/30, which is playable. There are some good players in this tournament.

11-16-2001, 03:20 PM
get there early for the luxor tourney, i've been shutout when getting there 1/2 hr early. the breakfast and lunch buffets are both pretty decent, a good way to kill time between signup (ask for buffet line pass) and tourney. there'll be some people who have absolutely no clue,some bad players from ring games and some locals with varying degrees of skill. It's a crap shoot with players of similar skill, but there's overlay to be had because some players can be quite clueless.

don't know about mandalay tournaments or buffet.

good luck

11-17-2001, 02:39 PM
you can play both quiet easerly.sighn up for kuxor fist .then trip over to M B. THIS IS OVER BY 11.45 EVEN IF YOU GET TO PAY SPOTS LAST 4 they usualy make a deal . luxor touny seems to have gone down hill .i was there in october there were 14 players one day and 19 another day .hardly worth playing or paying 25.00 +2 as pay of is 50% 25%last two unsure maybe 15 and 10 .as noted from another post a lot of locals at luxor same group make the finals .obversly know each others game . M B is nearly always sold out 30 players max .about 25% locals .i find both venues beatable on any given day . by the way the plus2 is for 2 added green chips added to starting bank of 350.00 . GL FRED